Workbook mistake (?) in RIP
Anyone can help to confirm this for me:
1. RIPv2 Filtering with Prefix Lists:
- Using a prefix-list, configure R5 to filter any IPv4 updates received inbound from R4 over the DMVPN cloud.
- Solution : ip prefix-list NOT_FROM_R4 seq 5 deny 188.8.131.52/32
- R4 IPv4 address is 184.108.40.206 /24. Will the prefix list match this? I was under the assumption 220.127.116.11/32 in prefix list means exact match 18.104.22.168 and subnet mask has to be 255.255.255.255. Thus, it will not match 22.214.171.124 /24?
From Brian's blog:
“ip prefix-list LIST permit 126.96.36.199/24″ would be an exact match for the prefix 188.8.131.52 with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0. This does not match 184.108.40.206/24, nor does it match 220.127.116.11/32, nor anything in between.
2. RIPv2 Filtering with Extended ACL:
- Configure an extended access-list filter on R5 so that routes for VLAN 7 and VLAN 9 are accepted only from R1:
- additionally, routes to R1’s Loopback0 and VLAN 146 are accepted only from R3.
- Solution :
- access-list 100 deny ip host 18.104.22.168 host 22.214.171.124
- access-list 100 deny ip host 126.96.36.199 host 188.8.131.52
- Shouldn't it be 184.108.40.206 0.0.0.255 and 220.127.116.11 0.0.0.255 ?