Foundation, Troubleshooting and Full scale Labs

Hi,

How much time should I allocate to complete the foundation, troublehshooting and full scale labs to gauge my readiness?

Appreciate your advice.

Comments

• I think the fundamental is understanding the technologies involved,

Foundation say 5 hrs initially the later 3 - 3.5 hrs

Troubleshooting 2.5 then later 2

Full scale 7hrs initally then later 5

When going through them at the beginning don't focus too much on speed. Instead try to get a deep understanding of the interactions between the technologies. Initially might be slow, but with time will pick up speed. Also in BGP, topology tends to get big and confusing, try piece things down and understand the route advertisement flow.

For troubleshooting, try all possible solution you can think of, develop a structured approach and stick to it. With time you will get very fast naturally

At least the above worked for me.

How much time should I allocate to complete the foundation, troublehshooting and full scale labs to gauge my readiness?

• MartinlMartinl ✭✭✭

foundation labs do not have time allocated and cannot be timed.

real TS lab section is 2 hrs but u can borrow 30 min, so it may be  2 1/2 hrs

config lab is 5 1/2

• Thanks Seyi, there's very good advice!

• Some of them are actually quite tough and time consuming. I think it is a good idea to peg up yourself on time, not too strictly though.

foundation labs do not have time allocated and cannot be timed.

• MartinlMartinl ✭✭✭

to gauge my readiness in terms of timing (speed) I would not use Foundation labs.  the foundation lab does not correalate to the real exam lab as topics are missing. Use TS and full lab for that.

Another factor is difficulty level of INE labs vs real lab.  2 full-scale labs are marked 7 and 6 out of 10.

I assume the real lab is 10 ?

• IIRC, INE lab rankings state the Cisco Lab Test is a 7.

I believe the same is true of Cisco graded assessments as well.

This is all going off the top of my head so you should dig in further.

• The real lab is not always 10, its usually varies betwen 7-10.  

So we prepare for the worst

• When you are initially going through those I wouldn't worry too much about time. Make sure that you work through all of it and at the end, make sure that you understood absolutely everything that you saw. Once you've completed them and feel like you grasped everything, do them all again and work on speed and templating things out as you go. Once you've done these things move on to the practice/mock labs and do the same thing. Except for now, once you get to the point where you understand everything they want you to do go back and try to do it as fast as you possibly can. Then do it again and try to beat your previous speed. Yes, by this point you have all the tasks memorized but you are building insane speed to  go with that understanding. Keep looking for ways to do things faster and make your previous speed the speed to beat. If you do this you will know when you are ready to go for the real thing.

Also, comparitively speaking I think the actual CCIE lab is supposed to be a 7 or 8. But honestly, they don't ask you to do things nearly as complicated or as corner-case as what INE does. The good thing though is that after you've dealt with all the corner-case stuff you will truly understand how things work.