CCIE v5 Full-Labs / TS / Foundation ???

Hello team,

we really need a formal schedule from INE about those releases.

When will we have it? When is the target? Does anyone have a official answer about it?

Regards,

Comments

• I agree. However to develop detailed labs take quite sometime. I actually expect at least 5 foundation labs to have been released already.

• JoeMJoeM ✭✭✭

This has been the ongoing question for many months, especially for those planning a return lab attempt.   It is more expensive to schedule lab exams now, but there is no mock-lab schedule, nor should one be expected.  Pushing it only brings out the fanboys defending not-have-a-schedule.

Advantage:   No vendor lies (for-missing-release-dates).  Tthe labs actually being rolled-out are top quality. Not a big issue for new-candidates or those who have not finished advanced-tecnologies (v5) and/or the current labs available.

Disadvantage:    The core principleof make-a-ccie-study-plan is completely destroyed for those who already did v4 workbook-1 many times already.     How to plan?   Create own labs? Go to other vendors.

So for me, I keep pushing back a second lab date, but time is starting to run out, because I don't want to have to repeat the written again either.  

I don't want to push the lab-builders too hard anymore, because I really like what I see being released.  They are quality labs with good explanations.  But it is fair to say, that this is soured by not being able to plan.

• I agree with you Joe, but it has also helped me in a way to really push to learning the technologies deeply rather than relying on labs labs labs

• Guys,

I am relatively new to INE material. What is missing on the material?

Paulo

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of JoeM
    Sent: terça-feira, 13 de janeiro de 2015 16:59
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: Re: [CCIE R&S General] CCIE v5 Full-Labs / TS / Foundation ???

This has been the ongoing question for many months, especially for those planning a return lab attempt.   It is more expensive to schedule lab exams now, but there is no schedule, nor should one be expected.  Pushing it only brings out the fanboys defending not-have-a-schedule.

Advantage:   No vendor lies (for-missing-release-dates).  Tthe labs actually being rolled-out are top quality. Not a big issue for new-candidates or those who have not finished advanced-tecnologies (v5) and/or the current labs available.

Disadvantage:    The core principleof make-a-ccie-study-plan is completely destroyed for those who already did v4 workbook-1 many times already.     How to plan?   Create own labs? Go to other vendors.

So for me, I keep pushing back a second lab date, but time is starting to run out, because I don't want to have to repeat the written again either.  

I don't want to push the lab-builders too hard anymore, because I really like what I see being released.   But it is fair to say, that this is soured by not being able to plan.

INE - The Industry Leader in CCIE Preparation
    http://www.INE.com

Subscription information may be found at:
    http://www.ieoc.com/forums/ForumSubscriptions.aspx

• JoeMJoeM ✭✭✭

Guys,

I am relatively new to INE material. What is missing on the material?

Paulo

Hi Proque.   If you are new to the INE materials,  then you have nothing to worry about.  There is plenty to work on, including AdvanceTechnology videos and lots of solid workbook labs.

The issue is more for those getting ready to schedule lab attempts. 

It is difficult to say what else is missing from the final v5 curriculum, because there has been no schedule or end-game advertised to the candidates.  At this point, I am not even sure if there will be "mock labs" provided for v5 or if maybe the TS and FullScale labs are suppose to be for this purpose.    No one at INE is talking.

It is kind of a Catch-22.  As I said,the quality of the new labs is very good (IMO).    Don't pressure (allow for top quality labs) vs Do Pressure (time crunch, planning, and schedule lab attempt).

• HI JoeM

The problem is that I have already scheduled the lab to first week of March.

Paulo

• I agree with Joe.  If you are at the point that you're ready to book the lab, what is needed at that point are difficult / complex practice labs.  The biggest issue I have faced is the lack of integration of technologies.  All the training compaines do a good job of teaching individual technologies, however, it's been tough to find examples of how these technologies interact when they are all thrown together, as they are on the actual lab.

For example, DMVPN isn't really that hard to implement.  However, if you start adding it to VRFs, using it as a primary or backup path, using it through MPLS, using two different tunnels for different VRFs, etc, it does complicate the issue.  Practice labs test this part of the implementation which the indivudual technologies don't.  To pass the lab exam, it's really not enough to just know the isolated technologies, you need to know how to use them on top of or with other technologies.

This really does depened on where each person is at in the study process.

• Well, you have a couple easy choices. You could take the foundation, full scale and troubleshooting labs INE has put out so far. You could do what Joe mentioned, I also mentioned in previous posts, create your own labs. 

I plan on taking the Cisco360 assessment lab in the next few weeks. I am currently going back through the entire blueprint/workbook and labbing everything up that I believe to be less than an expert on. If I have to think about it the potential solution, I have to do that lab again. I am also focusing on parts of the exam that I don't feel I am as strong in as I need to be. 

I took the really difficult v4 labs, 8 and 9 ratings and ran through them. 

I wouldn't consider anything a catch 22 like Joe mentioned, the part that i can't prepare for is Diag, I am more concerned with being able to interpret what the task is asking then going through another full scale lab. I have already learned a couple of techniques for interpreting the tasks but won't know how well until I take the lab.

Good luck in your pursuit, this version of the exam is still pretty new, so I consider myself a pioneer for this version. Until INE has time to get labs created and QA'd we will have to become out own lab creators. I'm just messing with different things as I go through my labbing, nothing is off limits to test. I'm sure others are doing this same thing.

HTH
    Rob

On Wednesday, January 14, 2015 2:02 PM, proque <[email protected]> wrote:

HI JoeM

The problem is that I have already scheduled the lab to first week of March.

Paulo

• I fall into this category too, i would suggest you take a look a cisco 360 labs. Quite a nice bunch, at least to learn some complex interactions of core technologies.

The v4 labs too can still be used at least for now.

• Yes, and several of us need to schedule labs because we cannot wait indefinitely.

Every work needs a schedule and targets. INE said during July/August we would have the labs until the end of the year. Today we have 1/5 of the labs (assuming 10 of each). Obviously we need/want quality material and it takes time, but how many days, weeks, months we need to wait?

In my opinion as CLIENT, we need transparency here. INE needs to inform us a confortable schedule and follow it. Clients that can wait would just follow the schedule, but clients that have no time would be free to create no expectations and try another vendors.

• All I can tell you guys right now is that more labs are in development.  It’s a time consuming process that can’t be rushed, that’s just how it works.

If you need additional material right now I would recommend to go through the Version 4 Volume 2 Lab Workbook, and swap out Frame Relay for DMVPN. The core technologies between the two blueprints stay the same.

Brian McGahan, 4 x CCIE #8593 (R&S/SP/SC/DC), CCDE #2013::13

[email protected]

Internetwork Expert, Inc.

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of giuks
    Sent: Friday, January 16, 2015 1:20 PM
    To: Brian McGahan
    Subject: Re: [CCIE R&S General] RE: CCIE v5 Full-Labs / TS / Foundation ???

Yes, and several of us need to schedule labs because we cannot wait indefinitely.

Every work needs a schedule and targets. INE said during July/August we would have the labs until the end of the year. Today we have 1/5 of the labs (assuming 10 of each). Obviously we need/want quality material and it takes time, but how many days, weeks, months we need to wait?

In my opinion as CLIENT, we need transparency here. INE needs to inform us a confortable schedule and follow it. Clients that can wait would just follow the schedule, but clients that have no time would be free to create no expectations and try another vendors.

• JoeMJoeM ✭✭✭

Brian,  It is really good to hear from you regarding this subject.   I understand there is an issue of INE quality vs quantity, and I really like what I have seen so far from your lab-construction team.

One of the big doubts I have had is regarding INE "Mock Labs".   This was something that I foolishly did not take advantage of on my v4 attempt (procrastination waiting until the last minute).   I swore that I would do it on my next attempt, but now I am not sure what to expect.

Can you share if there is an INE strategy for these?   Should we just be treating the fullscale labs as mock labs?

My apoligies for relying so much on INE for polishing this final prep.
    Thanks again for taking the time to update us.  Very much appreciated.

• We may be bringing back our online mock lab class, depending on demand.  Whether we'll offer standalone mock labs is undecided as it stands.

• CCIE RSv5 Troubleshooting Lab 3 was just published. More to come! 

• I really appreciate the Labs i have seen, the foundation especially. INE is doing a great job here. Creating such challenging labs take a lot of time. Would we have them take their time and release quality labs? I would say yes.

Well done INE team!