WLC Rogue Management

Hi,

I'm working now on this lab and Im not sure about one value. The task is:

"Any access-points with more than 5 clients or broadcasting the SSID of bad should be classified as malicious."

Configuring that rule I would rather set 6 as the min value for that criteria. The description says:

"Minimum number of Rogue client (1-10)" - I understand the min value is more than 5, so it should be 6.

By the WB it should be 5:

<span class="code-bold">(Cisco Controller) &gt;show rogue rule detailed UNKNOWN</span>

Priority......................................... 2
Rule Name........................................ UNKNOWN
<span class="code-highlight">State............................................ Enabled</span>
<span class="code-highlight">Type............................................. Malicious</span>
<span class="code-highlight">Match Operation.................................. Any</span>
Hit Count........................................ 0
Total Conditions................................. 2
Condition 1
    <span class="code-highlight">type......................................... Client-count</span>
    <span class="code-highlight">value........................................ 5</span>
Condition 2
    <span class="code-highlight">type......................................... Ssid</span>
    SSID Count................................... 1
    <span class="code-highlight">SSID 1....................................... bad</span>

Can you advice which value is correct?

regards

Hubert

Comments