Initial Configurations

Hi all,

I have recently downloaded the initial configs for R&S v5 work book but the notepad files have the configs all in continuous lines. Does any one have them sorted out.I will appreciate if you share them. Otherwise can someone from INE provide the initial configs in their proper format.

Regards,

Sal 

Comments

• Open them in an editor that can deal with Unix file formats, like Notepad++.  It’s a problem with your editor not a problem with the file.

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of batouq
    Sent: Wednesday, December 17, 2014 11:22 AM
    To: Brian McGahan
    Subject: [RSv5 WB] Initial Configurations

Hi all,

I have recently downloaded the initial configs for R&S v5 work book but the notepad files have the configs all in continuous lines. Does any one have them sorted out.I will appreciate if you share them. Otherwise can someone from INE provide the initial configs in their proper format.

Regards,

Sal 

INE - The Industry Leader in CCIE Preparation
    http://www.INE.com

Subscription information may be found at:
    http://www.ieoc.com/forums/ForumSubscriptions.aspx

• On a related note, I just redownloaded the configs and they were in a four-folder format as opposed to having all the labs in one folder.  They are broken out by advanced foundation labs, advanced practice labs, advanced technology labs, advanced troubleshooting labs.  I have a script that loads the configs to each router and then loads the config via config replace.  This used to work great, but since the new folder structure, I get the following error on loading the files: 

R1#config replace bootflash:R1.txt force

%The input file is not a valid config file.

If I do

R1#more bootflash:R1.txt, the file seems to look OK.  Likewise if I copy and paste the files manually, it also seems to work well.  However the manual copy and paste is a big time-waster since I have to reload the router each time.