Task Wording: 3.2 VRF Provisioning

I do not see that anyone has commented on this, so I am doubting myself about the wording.

The solution does not match one of the most imortant requirements.

• Configure a route-target policy that allows Site A and Site B to freely exchange routes. R9 should be able to receive Site A routes via both of its PE/CE links.

For wording, I am okay with preliminary "provisioning" of the PE VRF's.   But for verification purposes, the solution is not complete for this bullet-point requirement.  We should be able to test between Site A and Site B.  R10(Site A CE) <---> R9(Site B  CE)

The solution says that this is "straight forward", but then it is only testing connectivity at the individual PE/CE endpoints.   The VRF's have no connectivity between each other.

Anyone else stumped by the wording for this task?   or is this one of those situations that we are suppose to review the tasks that are ahead?  Maybe this bullet-point should be moved to a later task?

Thanks.

Comments

•  I do not see that anyone has commented on this, so I am doubting myself about the wording.

The solution does not match one of the most imortant requirements.

• Configure a route-target policy that allows Site A and Site B to freely exchange routes. R9 should be able to receive Site A routes via both of its PE/CE links.

For wording, I am okay with preliminary "provisioning" of the PE VRF's.   But for verification purposes, the solution is not complete for this bullet-point requirement.  We should be able to test between Site A and Site B.  R10(Site A CE) <---> R9(Site B  CE)

The solution says that this is "straight forward", but then it is only testing connectivity at the individual PE/CE endpoints.   The VRF's have no connectivity between each other.

Anyone else stumped by the wording for this task?   or is this one of those situations that we are suppose to review the tasks that are ahead?  Maybe this bullet-point should be moved to a later task?

Thanks.

Joe,

The task is only requesting to build the VRF and the route-target policy. There are no bullet points regarding routing between the sites at this point. The task is merely asking to "provision" the VRF with the adequate route-target policy so that when routing protocols are enabled (the next 2 tasks after this one) the desired behavior is achieved.

Verification for the effects of the configuration on this task are performed implicitly during the next 2 sections, when VPNv4 BGP and PE/CE routing are configured. 

• JoeMJoeM ✭✭✭

Thanks for the quick response.  Sometimes wording is my challenge in labs.