Problems with INE Rack Rentals

Hi all,

I've started using INE's racks in order to study for the CCIE Colllaboration. After fixing some issues related to the VPN connection I was finally able to make it work, since I could ping to the CUCM from my 2801 Router. So I connected my Catalyst 3560-8 GE port PoE, with my own phones attached, to the 2801 and I jumped to the SW1 INE's rack switch and saw my phones through CDP but I was unable to make them register to the CUCM, even more, I couldn't provide them with an IP address configuring DHCP on the R1 router.

I think it wasn't a DHCP misconfiguration since the 7961 phisically attached to the SW1 that INE provides got an IP address and the port configuration on gi0/13 and gi0/14 (where my phones appeared through the L2vpn) was iddentical as the configuration on the gi0/12 (where the 7961 was attached)

Moreover, I configured manually a phone with an IP address, subnet mask and TFTP but I didn't register either. I reviewed the configuration on my 3560 but it was exactly as the rental guide showed and I think that if it was a L2VPN issue I wouldn't have been able to see my phones throught CPD on the SW1, right? Any ideas? Thanks!

Comments

• Don't forget to erase your CTL/ITL on the phones. This should become a habit in your practice sessions.

Jim

On Oct 8, 2014 11:24 PM, "JoseManuel" <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi all,

I've started using INE's racks in order to study for the CCIE Colllaboration. After fixing some issues related to the VPN connection I was finally able to make it work, since I could ping to the CUCM from my 2801 Router. So I connected my Catalyst 3560-8 GE port PoE, with my own phones attached, to the 2801 and I jumped to the SW1 INE's rack switch and saw my phones through CDP but I was unable to make them register to the CUCM, even more, I couldn't provide them with an IP address configuring DHCP on the R1 router.

I think it wasn't a DHCP misconfiguration since the 7961 phisically attached to the SW1 that INE provides got an IP address and the port configuration on gi0/13 and gi0/14 (where my phones appeared through the L2vpn) was iddentical as the configuration on the gi0/12 (where the 7961 was attached)

Moreover, I configured manually a phone with an IP address, subnet mask and TFTP but I didn't register either. I reviewed the configuration on my 3560 but it was exactly as the rental guide showed and I think that if it was a L2VPN issue I wouldn't have been able to see my phones throught CPD on the SW1, right? Any ideas? Thanks!

INE - The Industry Leader in CCIE Preparation

http://www.INE.com

Subscription information may be found at:

http://www.ieoc.com/forums/ForumSubscriptions.aspx
  • I did a "reset all settings" on all my 9971 phones, but I'll try again. I'll start another rack rental session in 2 minutes.... Any config you may need to help me? Please I dont' want to waste more time on this instead of practising properly! Thanks!

• Well, today's session was also weird: the phones registered quite easily but I was not able to get the Cisco Anyconnect VPN connection up, it didn't work even the test user...but yesterday I connected without a problem so... I guess it's all about the beta phase of the rack rental.

But well, I could study by using the jabber desktop as my own and launch CUCM webpage from there. Thanks for the replies.

• Another thing to watch for: SIP phones will not register unless they have a DN assigned.

Jim

On Oct 9, 2014 9:01 AM, "JoseManuel" <[email protected]> wrote:

I did a "reset all settings" on all my 9971 phones, but I'll try again. I'll start another rack rental session in 2 minutes.... Any config you may need to help me? Please I dont' want to waste more time on this instead of practising properly! Thanks!

INE - The Industry Leader in CCIE Preparation

http://www.INE.com

Subscription information may be found at:

http://www.ieoc.com/forums/ForumSubscriptions.aspx
  • Hello everyone,

This weekend I had 2 new rack sessions and I wasn't able to register the phones either. I configured a DHCP pool on R1 and R2 and both the phones directly attached to INE's rack got IP but not my phones, how is this  possible? Same configuration on the interfaces (#VLAN, mode access,etc..) and I erased all the config from my phones several times and also I assigned a DN on all my phones (9971 included). So it's not only that they do not register but that they don't get an IP address.

The only phone I was able th register was my phone configured as the PSTN phone.

Would it be possible to anyone to please post their configuration on R1, R2 and R3 that are able to deliver IPs to their phones? Also if possible add your router and switch where you configure L2 tunneling. I'm confident they're ok since CDP is working, but just in case. 

Sorry about being so insistent but I don't want to waste more rack time on such basic stuff. Thanks a lot for the replies!!