INE ATCv5 video43 OSPF Configuring NSSA

Hey guys, does anyone know how Brian is getting R5 E2 route to appear in the OSPF database? He mentions he redis the loopback of R5 but that router is already in Area 0. How is he redistributing it unless l0 is in a different routing process?

Thanks!

Comments

  • I believe he uses a route map to match the loopback and then redistributes with a route map under the process. 


    On Thursday, September 25, 2014 1:28 PM, willtech10577 <[email protected]> wrote:


    Hey guys, does anyone know how Brian is getting R5 E2 route to appear in the OSPF database? He mentions he redis the loopback of R5 but that router is already in Area 0. How is he redistributing it unless l0 is in a different routing process?

    Thanks!



    INE - The Industry Leader in CCIE Preparation

    http://www.INE.com



    Subscription information may be found at:

    http://www.ieoc.com/forums/ForumSubscriptions.aspx


  • I did try that but didnt get it to come out as a E2. To get reachability I just put the l0 into area 0 but it isnt following what Brian had in the video.

    R5
    router ospf 1

     redistribute connected route-map BRIAN

     

    route-map BRIAN permit 10

     match interface Loopback0

     

    On R10 doing a #sh ip route 5.5 is missing

          150.1.0.0/32 is subnetted, 9 subnets

    O IA     150.1.1.1 [110/1021] via 155.1.108.8, 02:31:53, Ethernet0/1.108

    O IA     150.1.2.2 [110/1021] via 155.1.108.8, 02:31:29, Ethernet0/1.108

    O IA     150.1.3.3 [110/1021] via 155.1.108.8, 02:31:00, Ethernet0/1.108

    O IA     150.1.4.4 [110/1021] via 155.1.108.8, 02:30:45, Ethernet0/1.108

    O IA     150.1.6.6 [110/1031] via 155.1.108.8, 02:30:33, Ethernet0/1.108 

  • Is it in the database? Check R8 and see if it sees the route.


    On Thursday, September 25, 2014 2:01 PM, willtech10577 <[email protected]> wrote:


    I did try that but didnt get it to come out as a E2. To get reachability I just put the l0 into area 0 but it isnt following what Brian had in the video.

    R5
    router ospf 1

     redistribute connected route-map BRIAN

     

    route-map BRIAN permit 10

     match interface Loopback0

     

    On R10 doing a #sh ip route 5.5 is missing

          150.1.0.0/32 is subnetted, 9 subnets

    O IA     150.1.1.1 [110/1021] via 155.1.108.8, 02:31:53, Ethernet0/1.108

    O IA     150.1.2.2 [110/1021] via 155.1.108.8, 02:31:29, Ethernet0/1.108

    O IA     150.1.3.3 [110/1021] via 155.1.108.8, 02:31:00, Ethernet0/1.108

    O IA     150.1.4.4 [110/1021] via 155.1.108.8, 02:30:45, Ethernet0/1.108

    O IA     150.1.6.6 [110/1031] via 155.1.108.8, 02:30:33, Ethernet0/1.108 



    INE - The Industry Leader in CCIE Preparation

    http://www.INE.com



    Subscription information may be found at:

    http://www.ieoc.com/forums/ForumSubscriptions.aspx


  • Doesnt look like it. Probably one or two lines I may be missing. 

     

    R8#sh ip ospf data router 150.1.5.5

     

                OSPF Router with ID (150.1.8.8) (Process ID 1)

     

                    Router Link States (Area 1)

     

      Routing Bit Set on this LSA in topology Base with MTID 0

      LS age: 53

      Options: (No TOS-capability, DC)

      LS Type: Router Links

      Link State ID: 150.1.5.5

      Advertising Router: 150.1.5.5

      LS Seq Number: 80000008

      Checksum: 0x76AB

      Length: 36

      Area Border Router

      AS Boundary Router

      Number of Links: 1

     

        Link connected to: a Transit Network

         (Link ID) Designated Router address: 155.1.58.8

         (Link Data) Router Interface address: 155.1.58.5

          Number of MTID metrics: 0

           TOS 0 Metrics: 10

    R8#sh ip ospf data

     

                OSPF Router with ID (150.1.8.8) (Process ID 1)

     

                    Router Link States (Area 1)

     

    Link ID         ADV Router      Age         Seq#       Checksum Link count

    150.1.5.5       150.1.5.5       1989        0x80000007 0x0078AA 1

    150.1.8.8       150.1.8.8       1255        0x80000008 0x00253C 4

    150.1.10.10     150.1.10.10     1287        0x80000007 0x0088A0 3

  • Are you sure the one you are seeing in area 0 isn't just the LSA type 1 that matches the router-ID and not actually as if the interface was running OSPF?

  • Oh thats another thing -- I havent hardcoded any router-ids. So it'll just be the loopback of each router.

     

    Either way, I should see at least the route in the routing table with E2 if I'm redis via the route-map 

  • Do you have that interface covered by a network statement?

  • JoeMJoeM ✭✭✭

    The redistribution command looks good.

    Is the loopback up?    Did you clear ip ospf process to be sure it is redistributed into the database?

     

    It doesn't matter what Area the router is in.  Just as in your example, the loopback can be done with redistribute connected.   Route-map can be used to isolate which connected interfaces (subnets) are redistributed.  This key in the lab tasks.  Redistribute all connected or just specific interfaces.

    I think that the command to see it in the database is...

              show ip ospf database external [x.x.x.x]    

    See all external routes or just one specific external route in the database.

     

     

  • Nope -- according to the diagram I got OSPF under the interface

     

    int tun0
    ip ospf 1 area 0

    int g0/1.58
    ip ospf 1 area 1

     

    I dont think the link between R4 and R5 is suppose to be in area. 

  • It appears as though the type 1 lsa is in the database. Im taking it that r5,8 &10  are in the same area right? I would run a debug ip ospf packets to see what is being advertised. If r8 has it so should r10. Is the 5.5 route in The routing table of r8? If its in the database but not in the routing table you may have a network type mismatch.


    Sent from my Cricket smartphone


    -------- Original message --------
    From: willtech10577
    Date:09/25/2014 2:32 PM (GMT-06:00)
    Subject: Re: [CCIE R&S General] INE ATCv5 video43 OSPF Configuring NSSA

    Doesnt look like it. Probably one or two lines I may be missing. 

     

    R8#sh ip ospf data router 150.1.5.5

     

                OSPF Router with ID (150.1.8.8) (Process ID 1)

     

                    Router Link States (Area 1)

     

      Routing Bit Set on this LSA in topology Base with MTID 0

      LS age: 53

      Options: (No TOS-capability, DC)

      LS Type: Router Links

      Link State ID: 150.1.5.5

      Advertising Router: 150.1.5.5

      LS Seq Number: 80000008

      Checksum: 0x76AB

      Length: 36

      Area Border Router

      AS Boundary Router

      Number of Links: 1

     

        Link connected to: a Transit Network

         (Link ID) Designated Router address: 155.1.58.8

         (Link Data) Router Interface address: 155.1.58.5

          Number of MTID metrics: 0

           TOS 0 Metrics: 10

    R8#sh ip ospf data

     

                OSPF Router with ID (150.1.8.8) (Process ID 1)

     

                    Router Link States (Area 1)

     

    Link ID         ADV Router      Age         Seq#       Checksum Link count

    150.1.5.5       150.1.5.5       1989        0x80000007 0x0078AA 1

    150.1.8.8       150.1.8.8       1255        0x80000008 0x00253C 4

    150.1.10.10     150.1.10.10     1287        0x80000007 0x0088A0 3




    INE - The Industry Leader in CCIE Preparation

    http://www.INE.com



    Subscription information may be found at:

    http://www.ieoc.com/forums/ForumSubscriptions.aspx
  • Yep 5,8, and 10 are in the same area (area 1).

    Dont think its a network type mismatch, I'm able to form a FULL adj between R5, R8, and R10. Debugs dont show anything wrong with the hellos.

    R10#sh ip ospf data

     

                OSPF Router with ID (150.1.10.10) (Process ID 1)

     

                    Router Link States (Area 1)

     

    Link ID         ADV Router      Age         Seq#       Checksum Link count

    150.1.5.5       150.1.5.5       426         0x8000000A 0x0072AD 1

    150.1.8.8       150.1.8.8       1699        0x8000000A 0x00213E 4

    150.1.10.10     150.1.10.10     1668        0x80000009 0x0084A2 3

     

    R10 already has the 150.1.5.5 LSA 1 so it DOES get it.

     

    R5 is l0 us up/up, even shows up in the RIB

    C        150.1.5.5 is directly connected, Loopback0

     

    Only difference is R5 has area0 and area 1 interfaces. To rule out areas I put R5, R8, R10 int the same area 0 and I STILL couldnt get 150.1.5.5 to show up. Maybe its my GNS3 messing up?

     

     

  • Could be GNS3, I had an issue BGP backdoor the other night. I couldn't get it to work, I just made sure to know how it works and how to verify it. I'm going to reboot all my GNS3 boxes tonight and try it again.. I would like to get into path selection and filtering so I can eventually hit MPLS. 


    On Thursday, September 25, 2014 3:46 PM, willtech10577 <[email protected]>
    wrote:


    Yep 5,8, and 10 are in the same area (area 1).

    Dont think its a network type mismatch, I'm able to form a FULL adj between R5, R8, and R10. Debugs dont show anything wrong with the hellos.

    R10#sh ip ospf data

     

                OSPF Router with ID (150.1.10.10) (Process ID 1)

     

                    Router Link States (Area 1)

     

    Link ID         ADV Router      Age         Seq#       Checksum Link count

    150.1.5.5       150.1.5.5       426         0x8000000A 0x0072AD 1

    150.1.8.8       150.1.8.8       1699        0x8000000A 0x00213E 4

    150.1.10.10     150.1.10.10     1668        0x80000009 0x0084A2 3

     

    R10 already has the 150.1.5.5 LSA 1 so it DOES get it.

     

    R5 is l0 us up/up, even shows up in the RIB

    C        150.1.5.5 is directly connected, Loopback0

     

    Only difference is R5 has area0 and area 1 interfaces. To rule out areas I put R5, R8, R10 int the same area 0 and I STILL couldnt get 150.1.5.5 to show up. Maybe its my GNS3 messing up?

     

     



    INE - The Industry Leader in CCIE Preparation

    http://www.INE.com



    Subscription information may be found at:

    http://www.ieoc.com/forums/ForumSubscriptions.aspx


  • JoeMJoeM ✭✭✭

    No GNS3 problems for OSPF configs.  It is very straight-forward.

    I do notice something that is missing on the redistribution command.   The keyword subnet.  I do not think that this has changed for IOS 15, has it?

    Also, can we get a full OSPF config for R5.   I am also wondering about your network statements.

    Thanks.

  • GOT IT WORKING!!

     

    Its always something simple...

    All the configs are correct. Only was missing the line "subnets" from the redis route map

    So its redis connected subnets route-map BRIAN

    Now I see the route for 150.1.5.5 and can ping it!

  • Hey JoeM, just saw your post. Yep it was misisng the subnets command

  • It could be a network type mismatch. The database will still populate but routes won't be installed into the routing table. You show the LSAs in the database but you don't see them in the routing table. I've played with this several times and a broadcast/NBMA network types are compatible, P2P, P2MP and P2MP NB are compatible. Bcast and NBMA are not compatible with anything point to point and vice versa. Check the network types. I believe the debug ip opsf packet or debug ip ospf adj
    will show a network mismatch. You may have to clear the process to see the appropriate update. 


    On Thursday, September 25, 2014 3:46 PM, willtech10577 <[email protected]> wrote:


    Yep 5,8, and 10 are in the same area (area 1).

    Dont think its a network type mismatch, I'm able to form a FULL adj between R5, R8, and R10. Debugs dont show anything wrong with the hellos.

    R10#sh ip ospf data

     

                OSPF Router with ID (150.1.10.10) (Process ID 1)

     

                    Router Link States (Area 1)

     

    Link ID         ADV Router      Age         Seq#       Checksum Link count

    150.1.5.5       150.1.5.5       426         0x8000000A 0x0072AD 1

    150.1.8.8       150.1.8.8       1699        0x8000000A 0x00213E 4

    150.1.10.10     150.1.10.10     1668        0x80000009 0x0084A2 3

     

    R10 already has the 150.1.5.5 LSA 1 so it DOES get it.

     

    R5 is l0 us up/up, even shows up in the RIB

    C        150.1.5.5 is directly connected, Loopback0

     

    Only difference is R5 has area0 and area 1 interfaces. To rule out areas I put R5, R8, R10 int the same area 0 and I STILL couldnt get 150.1.5.5 to show up. Maybe its my GNS3 messing up?

     

     



    INE - The Industry Leader in CCIE Preparation

    http://www.INE.com



    Subscription information may be found at:

    http://www.ieoc.com/forums/ForumSubscriptions.aspx


Sign In or Register to comment.