books, Cisco QOS Exam Cert Guide and End-to End QOS Network Design: Qos in
LANs,WANs,VPNs. Both books are very highly rated and I am leaning more towards
the Exam Cert Guide since it has many more 5 star reviews. However The CCIE
reading lists recommends the End-to-End book.  Would either of these books
suffice for CCIEv5 studies? 

Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Well .... It depends!

Some lists have one book some the other.  If you can afford it buy both.  I have found you can buy some of the older books at a fairly cheap price if you are ok with a used book.

The other alternative is to check out safaribooksonline.  This is a good way to have multiple books available and searchable as well.  its cheaper than buying them all.  You just have to make sure all the books you want are available. :)

• I think the cert guide, if it's the one for the CCIP then thats the one I got. I think it goes deep enough for CCIE for the detail we should know for the lab. I still have to finish reading through the doc's for QoS and tying it together. End to End is another good one. I guess go with the one that lets you learn easier, I don't like complex wording. If I scratch my head while trying to figure out a basic principle I know that's not the book for me.

On Tuesday, September 23, 2014 2:57 PM, Flooz <[email protected]> wrote:

I am in the process of
    purchasing a QOS book for reference in my CCIE studies. I came across two
    books, Cisco QOS Exam Cert Guide and End-to End QOS Network Design: Qos in
    LANs,WANs,VPNs. Both books are very highly rated and I am leaning more towards
    the Exam Cert Guide since it has many more 5 star reviews. However The CCIE
    reading lists recommends the End-to-End book.  Would either of these books
    suffice for CCIEv5 studies? 

Thanks for any help!

INE - The Industry Leader in CCIE Preparation

http://www.INE.com

Subscription information may be found at:

http://www.ieoc.com/forums/ForumSubscriptions.aspx

• I read the certguide and it a very nice book, preferable to the other one. I like Wendel Odoms writing techniques, it explains difficult concepts with easy words and very visual too to help understanding.

It all boils down to your preference though

• I think both Books have Chapters which you can skip if you want to prepare for the CCIE. The Exam Prep has some chapter about FR, LFI and these things which you do not need anymore.

The End-to-End QOS has some Chapters with Nexus, ASR QOS which you do not need for the Exam but probably for your work.

I would recommend the End-to-End QOS. Even if you do not read all Chapters now the book can become pretty handy for a new project for example. Plus it has for example DMVPN QOS and some other cool topics in it.

• I think I'll be going with the Cert guide by Wendell Odom. I reallly liked his writing style during my CCNA studies so I am hoping that his style also similiar in this book.

Thank you everyone for your responses.

• I used it, it is well written and very informative!