CCIE Lab Logistics Questions

Good evening all,

I just finished the
“Your CCIE Lab Success Strategy” book and have a few questions after reading it.

1. In the book it mentions the use of colored
pencils in your network diagrams. Are you allowed to bring your own colored pencils
with you into the lab or are they provided for you?

2. The book mentions having your practice setup the
same as the actual lab in terms of both keyboards and windows/single monitor.
What type of terminal software is the lab currently using and are you allowed
to use multiple windows? From what I can find, putty is used however I have not
found if you are allowed to have a separate putty window for each device.

a. Can you change the terminal software font size? 

Thanks!

Comments

• 1. In the book it mentions the use of colored
    pencils in your network diagrams. Are you allowed to bring your own colored pencils
    with you into the lab or are they provided for you?

Provided for you. Mobile lab in London had no colour pencils though.

2. The book mentions having your practice setup the
    same as the actual lab in terms of both keyboards and windows/single monitor.
    What type of terminal software is the lab currently using and are you allowed
    to use multiple windows? From what I can find, putty is used however I have not
    found if you are allowed to have a separate putty window for each device.

North American full size keyboard made Logitech - well worn!  Putty - click on device to get window - highlight and right click to copy from putty.

• JoeMJoeM ✭✭✭

SanJose had pens and pencils, but colors missing etc.  

I saw two guys (2nd and 3rd attempts), and they had clear zip-lock bags with their pen, colored pencils, eraser, sharpner.  So, that is my plan for the next attempt.  ;-)

It sounds like the RSv5 Exam is still using the Logitech K120 US keyboard.  Be sure it has the smaller return key.  I accidently bought a Logitec_K120 that had the big return key.   It wasn't a huge problem for me, but I did quite a bit of fat-fingering when hit return on a command.

• 1. In Brussels you have some colored pens on your desk, but often they are broken and some colors are missing. 

2. From my experience yes, you can have multiple windows for the same device, however, everything you type in 1st window automatically shows up in 2nd window.

• Hi,

I also have
    few questions:

From v5 the
    lab is fully virtualized. Do we still getting some kind of paper documentation in
    the configuration section? If we do, can we make notes on it (ex. with colored
    pencils)?

• Unless they have changed from v4, you will not get any paper documentation. They will give you 2 or 3 sheets of blank paper.

All the diagrams will be available on the PC. I want to say I had like 8 different diagrams available and I felt no need to draw my own.

• plus the diagrams are much bigger know and it will be difficult to draw detailed diagrams..

by the way you are not allowed to bring your own pens with you into the exam....and most of the pens do not work in Bruessels..same with the mobile Lab in Berlin...

• by the way you are not allowed to bring your own pens with you into the exam....and most of the pens do not work in Bruessels..same with the mobile Lab in Berlin...

I would always ask for working pens