OSPF to see EBGP prefixes

Hi all,

I would like to know what configurations do I need to add in my ASBR or other device in my OSPF domain in order to see prefix 99.99.99.0 on NY-3640, LA-3745 and TX-7200.

What I did is redistributed the 99.99.99.0/24 prefix into my OSPF which is good I can ping both ways.   But on the application side... I cannot redistribute all internet routes on the OSPF since it will break (and I'll lose my job).  So what is the config I need to be adding on the ASBR to achieve this goal?

Click on my name on the right and view profile, from there you will see below the files I have, please see the OSPF LAB.zip to see the configs and topology.

Thanks again.

Comments

• Hi, can't you just redistribute a default route instead the full internet routing table?

• Hi,

I did neighbor x.x.x.x default-originate on R1 and R3, so this way ASBR router will have a default route to the ISP's and I will later configure an AS-PATH filter to remove all bgp prefixes being advertised by them.  It seems that I need to configure NAT to translate my OSPF lan subnets to the serial 3/0 and f0/0 ip addresses.  Would that be the correct course of action then?

• Hi,

Your diagram and initial question doesn't match. you might need to put more information in it.

Also, it would really helps if you could add where's the eBGP peering happens.

You might want to look on how you can inject default route from  your exit point(s).

thx
    dsu

On Tue, Sep 2, 2014 at 11:06 PM, bluephoenix71 <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi all,

I would like to know what configurations do I need to add in my ASBR or other device in my OSPF domain in order to see prefix 99.99.99.0 on NY-3640, LA-3745 and TX-7200.

What I did is redistributed the 99.99.99.0/24 prefix into my OSPF which is good I can ping both ways.   But on the application side... I cannot redistribute all internet routes on the OSPF since it will break (and I'll lose my job).  So what is the config I need to be adding on the ASBR to achieve this goal?

Click on my name on the right and view profile, from there you will see below the files I have, please see the OSPF LAB.zip to see the configs and topology.

Thanks again.

INE - The Industry Leader in CCIE Preparation

http://www.INE.com

Subscription information may be found at:

http://www.ieoc.com/forums/ForumSubscriptions.aspx

• the ebgp peering happens between AS 65535 and R1, between AS65535 and R3.

R2 is a TRANSIT router connecting R1 and R3.  I don't undrestand when you said the diagrams does not match?  The topology is in my profile directory together with the configurations.