Anyone received feedback about their feedback?

Hi All,

In the ATL's I try to provide feedback if I think I encounter a BUG or error in the provided solutions.
Some of these are just small typo's in the router outputs provided. (Command entered on Rx instead of Ry) Others are errors in the initial configs.

My main motivation to provide feedback is to improve the quality of the product for other students. It's just a waste of time hunting an initial config error or trying to find out why your output does not match INE's.

I am very happy with the quality of INE's products and think that the ATL's are of outstanding quality.
I just want to make sure that providing feedback is time well-spent.

Did any of you receive feedback about their feedback, or see actial action taken? 

Thanks,
Erwin

Comments

• Hi,

I can confirm that all provided feedback is received by us and we take actions if, of course, it is necessary. What i mean by necessary is that it can happen that someone says the task is not correct or solution is not correct; if ,however, it is, than of course no actions are taken.

Thanks,

Cristian.

• a quick note to say what happened to the feedback would be useful. I do send very rarely when I see a problem but never recieved any acknowledgement ,  of course sometimes the student is wrong ,  in which case a few words will benefit everyone.

Seems like here , you buy a course and thats it -- all communication with ine terminated.

• Hi,

Same here, I sent a few feedbacks (typo, problem in initial config...) and never had any answers. 

• provided feedback, but its always black holed.

• I also sent a lot of feedbacks as I was going thru the ATC labs, surely more than 50 times. I also usually checked the next day if an action was taken. It usually hapenned...but sometimes I was wrong. :)

• Hi,

So, just to clarify this. Feedback is being received and we take actions if necessary. It may not be exactly the next day, but within the next couple of days. So we encourage you to keep using this tool.

Thanks,

Cristian.

• Hi,

What do you mean by "it was black holed"?

Regards,

Cristian.

• feedback sent, but never got any reply or merit of feedback.

• I have submitted feedback to the INE team a few times over the years and I have not received direct feedback...but I have followed up on my own and found that the issue that required a feedback entry had been corrected.

I agree that there should be feedback to the submitor as to the outcome of the submission.

• JoeMJoeM ✭✭✭

I agree with the concern expressed in this thread. No responses for feedback seems like a blackhole.

Feedback takes time. The previous system gave a ticket# and most times, I received replies from support.   As it is now, the new feedback system is a faith system, without any responses as to the outcomes or decision for errors.

Maybe workbook feedback for lab errors/issues should be posted in the specific forums? At least there would be some kind of concrete confirmation for feedback being given for errors, as well as verify any issues.

Again, feedback takes time to submit. Responses from the editors would be appreciated.  Thanks.

• I think there should be a section in forums or somewhere else called Errata where feedback should be posted by the team. That will help to see any pending or resolved issues etc. Will also help the readers to see if there is any feedback submitted for any issue before sending another one. That way we can reduce the no of feedbacks sent to the development team.

Just my two cents!

Murad

I agree with the concern expressed in this thread. No responses for feedback seems like a blackhole.

Feedback takes time. The previous system gave a ticket# and most times, I received replies from support.   As it is now, the new feedback system is a faith system, without any responses as to the outcomes or decision for errors.

Maybe workbook feedback for lab errors/issues should be posted in the specific forums? At least there would be some kind of concrete confirmation for feedback being given for errors, as well as verify any issues.

Again, feedback takes time to submit. Responses from the editors would be appreciated.  Thanks.

• peetypeety ✭✭✭

So, just to clarify this. Feedback is being received and we take actions if necessary. It may not be exactly the next day, but within the next couple of days. So we encourage you to keep using this tool.

You can keep encouraging people to USE the tool, but if you don't listen to the suggestions/requests in this particular thread (which is a request for actual feedback to the feederbacker, indicating "it's been fixed" or "here's a slice of humble pie" aka "there was a problem with your configuration"), you can probably expect less use of the tool and eventually less users who might use the tool.