I encountered, I would like to know how others have found the new
control-pannel.

1. Slow
    response from the telnet application.

2. Continually
    had to clear lines even when minimizing and expanding terminal
    sessions

3. If
    I clicked out of the terminal session I could not click back in.

4. Browsers
    continually jumped up and down, not allowing a full view of the
    terminal session

5. No
    copy and paste functions.

I
tried this through both firefox and Chrome.

I
logged a ticket with support, but they where not very helpful.

Has
anyone else experienced smiler issues?

Can
the racks still be accessed via the old method?

Is
CCIE Routing & Switching v4 use the same control-pannel?

Comments

• I experience all the same issues on my first use of the rack rental. First I tried IE (only to find out I could access the telnet with IE!), then Chrome and finally Friefox - issues persisted with all the browsers.

I did my second session today and decided to abondon the browser based telnet and use putty instead - this worked much better I didn't get kicked off once and it was far more responsive then the browser based sessions.

• I also tried to load a TS lab. It was a waste of my time. The system loaded lab 1 instead of lab 2. I submitted a ticket which locked me out for almost 15 minutes while it reloaded lab 1 again.

The web-based telnet is horrible. I was going to continue using an external telnet application until I realized my lab wasn't set up right anyway.

• You don't have to use the web based telnet, it's just available for those that don't already have terminal software installed or if for some reason telnet is blocked from leaving your network due to a security policy.

• I also tried to load a TS lab. It was a waste of my time. The system loaded lab 1 instead of lab 2. I submitted a ticket which locked me out for almost 15 minutes while it reloaded lab 1 again.

The web-based telnet is horrible. I was going to continue using an external telnet application until I realized my lab wasn't set up right anyway.

This problem I haven't seen.  Can you email me offline with your specific session information (your members email login, your rack time and date) and I'll have our dev team look into the logs in more detail to see exactly what happened?  I just did a test load of TS Lab 2 from the control panel and it worked for me no problem.

• I just tried to log into the new control panel for V5 R&S.

I loaded up the DMVPN Lab as a test and overall it loaded fine to all virtual routers R1 to R10.

I was not able to access any switches via the control panel but that may be due to the Lab I loaded not needing to use SW1-SW4???

Overall I was able to connect to each virtual router but it did not hold a connection that long. Max 5 minutes before I had to clear the line to connect again. Overall not so bad just sort of annoying since we could stay logged in for hours before via traditional telnet putty/crt.

I also tried to upload a new config during my session and it worked, took about 6 minutes to reload R1-R10. I then saved my config via control panel and it saved it as I wanted.

Overall I think it's looking better, which is good because this is how V5 Lab will function as per the demo I saw on learning network. I think if connectivity can be solved and access to SW1 if needed then we are about there on this new access control panel.

Thanks and I look forward to using this again since the lab will mirror this control panel model.