OSPF Database Filtering

Hi there,

After applying the valid configs for this lab, R7 is missing R9 networks and the same for R5 and R2, however the networks are present at the database level. Here's my config:

R7(config-subif)#do sh run int fa0/0.79
Building configuration...

Current configuration : 191 bytes
!
interface FastEthernet0/0.79
 encapsulation dot1Q 79
 ip address 155.1.79.7 255.255.255.0
 ip ospf network broadcast
 ip ospf database-filter all out
 ipv6 address 2001:155:1:79::7/64
end

R7(config-subif)#do sh ip ospf data router 150.1.9.9

            OSPF Router with ID (150.1.7.7) (Process ID 1)

                Router Link States (Area 2)

  Adv Router is not-reachable in topology Base with MTID 0
  LS age: 515
  Options: (No TOS-capability, DC)
  LS Type: Router Links
  Link State ID: 150.1.9.9
  Advertising Router: 150.1.9.9
  LS Seq Number: 8000005A
  Checksum: 0xD951
  Length: 60
  Number of Links: 3

    Link connected to: a Stub Network
     (Link ID) Network/subnet number: 150.1.9.9
     (Link Data) Network Mask: 255.255.255.255
      Number of MTID metrics: 0
       TOS 0 Metrics: 1

    Link connected to: a Transit Network
     (Link ID) Designated Router address: 155.1.79.9
     (Link Data) Router Interface address: 155.1.79.9
      Number of MTID metrics: 0
       TOS 0 Metrics: 1

    Link connected to: a Stub Network
     (Link ID) Network/subnet number: 155.1.9.0
     (Link Data) Network Mask: 255.255.255.0
      Number of MTID metrics: 0
       TOS 0 Metrics: 1

R7(config-subif)#do sh ip route 150.1.9.9
% Subnet not in table

R7#sh ip route 155.1.9.0
% Subnet not in table

Why are they not being installing in the routing table?

 

Thanks.

Comments

  • Solved!

    After the second ospf clearing process now is working.

     

  • What i have found is that database filtering does not work in iou version 15.3t, at least for me but i dont think i cleared the process twice.  I went straight to physical kit to check and worked first time.

  • On CSR1000v I can't get it to work either. I've tried clearing the OSPF process several times but it didn't help. I'm running Version 15.4(2)S1.

    Works between R7 and R9:

    R9#sh ip ospf dat

                OSPF Router with ID (160.1.9.200) (Process ID 1)

                    Router Link States (Area 2)

    Link ID         ADV Router      Age         Seq#       Checksum Link count

    160.1.9.200     160.1.9.200     35          0x80000130 0x00A073 4

    Doesn't work across DMVPN:

    R2#sh ip ospf database adv-router 150.1.5.5

                OSPF Router with ID (150.1.2.2) (Process ID 1)

                    Router Link States (Area 0)

    Link ID         ADV Router      Age         Seq#       Checksum Link count

    150.1.5.5       150.1.5.5       441         0x80000144 0x008953 6

                    Summary Net Link States (Area 0)

    Link ID         ADV Router      Age         Seq#       Checksum

    150.1.8.8       150.1.5.5       6     (DNA) 0x80000001 0x00AE43

    150.1.10.10     150.1.5.5       6     (DNA) 0x80000001 0x008E5E

    [...]

  • On R9 database info is still around so I only got this to work after ripping out the ospf config completely on R9 and then put it back.

Sign In or Register to comment.