Mock Lab 3 Rack27sw2 erroneous initial configs

Hello,

(hope I am posting at the right place)

Topology diagram shows SW2 having a routed interface fa0/20 in vlan 58. It is supposed to have IP 129.27.58.8 255.255.255.0 assisgned.

However, SW2 initial config shows:

!
interface Vlan58
 ip address 129.27.58.8 255.255.255.0
!

There seems to be a clash here, what I did is to put fa0/20 as a switchport accessing vl an 58, and keep the IP on the SVI as we are not allowed to change IP addressing.

this costed me questions 2.2 and 3.5, with the explanation that IP address should have been configured on fa0/20 instead of vlan 58.

I believe there is a mismatch between the inittial config and the diagram. If so, could I get those 2 questions re-graded?

Or maybe am I missing somehting?

Regards,

Michael

Comments

• I got hit on this one. I didnt change port f0/20 on SW2 to be a routed port. Not only did I lose the points for this task, but also a couple of later tasks (EIGRP ones).

This would be a case of checking the initial configs with the diagram and checking any discrepancies with the proctor to see if they are there by design. I also got hit on not having reachability to the loopback addreses of SW3 and SW4 even though they were not mentioned to be added to any routing domain and not configuring OSPF area 0 authentication on a couple of interfaces that had no neighbors.

I think these would be perfect questions to ask the proctor come the real lab.

2008/8/26 Michael_79 <[email protected]>

Hello,

Topology diagram shows SW2 having a routed interface fa0/20 in vlan 58. It is supposed to have IP 129.27.58.8 255.255.255.0 assisgned.

!
    interface Vlan58
    !

There seems to be a clash here, what I did is to put fa0/20 as a switchport accessing vl an 58, and keep the IP on the SVI as we are not allowed to change IP addressing.

this costed me questions 2.2 and 3.5, with the explanation that IP address should have been configured on fa0/20 instead of vlan 58.

I believe there is a mismatch between the inittial config and the diagram. If so, could I get those 2 questions re-graded?

Regards,

Michael

Internetwork Expert - The Industry Leader in CCIE Preparation

http://www.internetworkexpert.com

Subscription information may be found at:

http://www.ieoc.com/forums/ForumSubscriptions.aspx

• This is part of troubleshooting. The diagram is correct. 

Brian McGahan, CCIE #8593 (R&S/SP/Security)

Internetwork Expert, Inc.

On Aug 26, 2008, at 5:01 AM, Michael_79 <[email protected]ieoc.com> wrote:

Hello,

!
    interface Vlan58
    !

Regards,

Michael

Internetwork Expert - The Industry Leader in CCIE Preparation

http://www.internetworkexpert.com

Subscription information may be found at:

http://www.ieoc.com/forums/ForumSubscriptions.aspx
  • same here,  lost also 4 points for the damn loopbacks :) It was so obvious that it was not reachable but I thought it was expected.

Back to the SW2's fa0/20, I still believe the initial configs are just wrong and it should be corrected.

There is not such a troubleshooting section that could lead us to think that it was part of the exercise to fix them. Moreover, without a proctor around how to know if we need to trust the diuagram or the addressing in the initial configs (which should never be changed unless othrwise specified)

At least it teaches me to be very cautious at the day of the real lab.

Regards,

Michael

• At least it teaches me to be very cautious at the day of the real lab.

----

I think thats the point - make these stupid mistakes in the mock labs, and when the real deal rolls around it makes you more aware (hopefully). I think with a proctor available this would have been easy points to clarify.