LAB 4 ticket 6
hello ... according to the lab instructions those are our limitations:
Lab Do’s and Don’ts:
- Do not change or add any IP addresses from the initial configuration unless otherwise specified or required for troubleshooting.
- If additional IP addresses are needed but not specifically permitted by the task, use IP unnumbered.
- Do not change any interface encapsulations unless otherwise specified.
- Do not change the console, AUX, and VTY passwords or access methods unless otherwise specified.
- Do not use any static routes, default routes, default networks, or policy routing unless otherwise specified.
- Save your configurations often.
- Ensure that R6 may ping BB1 across the directly connected link.
- Use the username/password pair cisco/cisco to access R6.
i "solved" this ticket, using a similar approach to the one used on "lab 2 ticket 1" , after i noticed a failing ppp authentication i went on the virtual-template1 and i removed the authentication:
int virtual-template 1
no ppp auth
according to the solution given, INE instead, fixed a AAA miss-config.
my question now is ... would my solution be consider valid? i don't see any limitation regarding removing ppp authentication.
ideas? if my solution would not be consider valid, can someone explain why?