Task 2.7

How do we know to deny the aggregated BGP prefix to ibgp neighbors in this task?  Should it be assumed in real lab to always deny the aggregated route on the internal network and only advertise it out to the BB routers? 

I don't see any wording in this task to deny the aggregate route to the internal network neighbors and I am not can't what problem it would cause.   Please let me know if I am missing something.

Comments

• JoeMJoeM ✭✭✭

This is a good question.  It is one of the details that I try to pay attention to, when making a solution. In this task, it is not made clear.

I normally filter the aggregate in the INE labs (depending on time). But is nice, when it is made clear in the scenario that iBGP should not see it.

If I was pushed for a final answer, I would say it is not mandatory to filter the aggregate (unless told it should not be seen internally) -- but it is a much cleaner and professional config to only affect the advertisement to the BB's.

I know that this does not completely answer the "real lab" concern.  A higher level answer to this question would be nice.