Full Scale CCIE DC labs

When is INE Going to release full scale DC labs. Nobody is Providing any tentetative schedule for full scale labs release.

At least for CCIE Security INE is saying that they will start releasing Full scale labs from March onwards.

INE has already taken out Beta Full scale labs from the site.

Comments

• We're not releasing them in their current format because they're not supported on the rack rentals.  I can send you the labs if you want but we're not planning on doing additional full-scale rack rental builds to support them.

With the cost of the rack build both in cap-ex and op-ex we'd have to charge about 50 tokens per hour in order to get to a break even cost, and no one is going to reasonably pay that.  

I'm planning on re-writing some of them to fit into our current rack rental design but I don't have a timeframe for this as of yet.

• Brian

Should we send you email to get the full labs ? or we can download it from our account (with Note beside it)  ?

AndiS

• Send me a message offline to [email protected] and include your members account email address and I'll have the labs added to your account.  Like I said though we unforunately have no immediate plans to support this topology again for rack rentals.

• Brian,

Is the exam is doable without the full scale labs ?

I m willing to do the regular labs that you guys offer but I m still missing a way to understand how people pass the lab with having a hard time to do labs due to rare racks and non full scale labs ...

Full scale labs were mandatory when I passed the RS back in 2011

Thanks for your help

Nicolas

PS : Quote from your email back in January

As for full scale labs
    we will be releasing them along with our next rack build that we’re currently
    doing.

• With the cost of the rack build both in cap-ex and op-ex we'd have to charge about 50 tokens per hour in order to get to a break even cost, and no one is going to reasonably pay that.  

I would hahah. I'm pretty sure I've burned through about 2200 tokens so far. I'm just going to bug cisco for a couple 7ks and expoloit my partnership with them as best I can.

That said I'd have to say the biggest things that you'll miss out on for INE racks are VDC manipulation, QoS on the 7k (though the syntax is the same on the 5k), FHRP isolation for OTV (not sure if this would necessarily be covered on the exam?), FCoE on a 7k and I think that's about it.

Pretty much the entire rest of the blueprint should be doable.

• 2200 tokens and how do you feel regarding your preparation ? :)

Just wanted to make sure how much token are needed in order to prepare in a solid way

Nicolas

• Better! Just going over things over and over again and forcing myself to think about things and how they work.

Lab's scheduled for July 11 so here's to hoping I'm not spending 1500 dollars on dry chicken.