CSR Support Lan switching and spanning tree !!!!!

a week ago i bought a pc with 32 gigs of ram to start studying for my ccie R&S

today i was perparing my pc and started playing with the CSR 1000v for the first time , and while goffing around here and there ...... i Found that i can configure SPANNING TREE and VLANS !!!!!!!!!!  [:O]

does that mean that i wont need to buy a physical hardware to practice lan switching ?! [:D]

UPDATE : 

my first lesson at the CCIE , (Transparent Bridging, IRB ) ... silly me :D

Comments

• That's great.

You can explore more on different topics related to CCIE and practice those on CSR.

today i was perparing my pc and started playing with the CSR 1000v for the first time , and while goffing around here and there ...... i Found that i can configure SPANNING TREE and VLANS !!!!!!!!!!  Surprise

does that mean that i wont need to buy a physical hardware to practice lan switching ?! Big Smile

UPDATE : 

• Remember the R in CSR1000v stands for router :) So while you might be able to configure some basic bridging stuff, it's never going to do everything a switch, say Catalyst 3750 can do.

I would like here what others are doing for v5 home labs. In my day it was GNS3 with a breakout to real 3560s.

Is everyone waiting for VIRL/CML? Or are they doing CSR1000v with breakout to physical switches for L2 stuff?

• Good to hear that you have started for CCIE exam.

Well i am not sure if you can do complete LAN switching in CSR 1000v. When i read in the following link i dont see any major LAN switching tech listed.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/cloud-services-router-1000v-series/data_sheet_c78-705395.html

Someone who have used it more can tell about it.

HTH

today i was perparing my pc and started playing with the CSR 1000v for the first time , and while goffing around here and there ...... i Found that i can configure SPANNING TREE and VLANS !!!!!!!!!!  Surprise

does that mean that i wont need to buy a physical hardware to practice lan switching ?! Big Smile

UPDATE :