Neighbor V AS MsgRcvd MsgSent TblVer InQ OutQ Up/Down

State/PfxRcd

2.2.2.2 4 1284 0 0 1 0 0 never

(NoNeg)

19.19.19.19 4 1284 0 0 1 0 0 never

(NoNeg)

20.20.20.20 4 1284 0 0 1 0 0 never

(NoNeg)

is there compatability issue between ios or can someone point me to the right direction

Comments

• is there compatability issue between ios or can someone point me to the right direction

If you have configured the BGP to disable global ipv4 unicast negotiation with "no bgp default ipv4-unicast" command, it shows "NoNeg" state since it can't establish the neighborship using it's global unicast database. I think there is no such an issue between regular IOS but not sure about the XR.

Hope this helps!

• thank you i did configure them with that option, thank you so so much, i have tried to look at solution for task the config is below

router bgp 1284

no bgp default ipv4-unicast

neighbor 5.5.5.5 remote-as 1284

neighbor 5.5.5.5 update-source Loopback0

!

address-family vpnv4 unicast

neighbor 5.5.5.5 activate

neighbor 5.5.5.5 route-reflector-client

R5:

router bgp 1284

no bgp default ipv4-unicast

neighbor 2.2.2.2 remote-as 1284

neighbor 2.2.2.2 update-source Loopback0

neighbor 19.19.19.19 remote-as 1284 

neighbor 19.19.19.19 update-source Loopback0

neighbor 20.20.20.20 remote-as 1284

neighbor 20.20.20.20 update-source Loopback0

!

neighbor 2.2.2.2 activate

neighbor 2.2.2.2 route-reflector-client

neighbor 19.19.19.19 activate

neighbor 19.19.19.19 route-reflector-client

neighbor 20.20.20.20 activate

neighbor 20.20.20.20 route-reflector-client

XR1:

router bgp 1284

!

neighbor 5.5.5.5

remote-as 1284

update-source Loopback0

!

!

! XR2:

router bgp 1284

!

neighbor 5.5.5.5

remote-as 1284

update-source Loopback0

!

!

that is solution for the task 4.1 my out put as i want to understand where did i go wrong with the config......

i just cant sleep i assume becuase i have input r2 as route reflector client thus it will create a loop as r5 is suppose to peer with xr1,xr2 and r2, i read somewhere with route reflectors if not carefull they end up causing loops and also another charestricts they bend rule of split horizon, is double RR's , i think i will try and remove RR on R2 and see if i get the error ....as r2,xr1,xr2 are pe's and 5 peers with them i will assume r5 shud be RR and i feel by looking at code and going it logically there will be a loop in such topology im a beginer i hope my analysis are correct 
  • i redid the lab from bottom up,it worked except for xr1 hehehehe, now i realize there were underlying igp issues, only issue is they crop up later says md5 auth failed from lo 5.5.5.5 to 3.3.3.3 i tried to redo the uthentication same issue!!!!!!!! so i assumed md5 auth is it space sensitive?

• so i assumed md5 auth is it space sensitive?

Yes, it is space sensitive. You need to take care when typing password during the routing protocol authentication configuration.

HTH

• dear hari 

thank you for your assistance wished it was not this simple tiny problem,can you beleive the difference was forward space!!!!!whats n empty space means i will check it out further hehehehe see what happens really the whole mbgp wont form,nonego idle,thanks again

• thank you for your assistance wished it was not this simple tiny problem,can you beleive the difference was forward space!!!!!

Yes, I have gone through such an issue earlier because it's a kind of invisible issue unlike other configurations like network id, area-id or else. If you don't have logging enabled, it almost takes you into frustration. So, take care..

Thanks!