BB1 connections

Hi

Apologies in advance if this has been answered elsewhere, but I'm not able to find it (so far anyway!)

I've been working through the workbooks, and it's occurred to me (based on the diagrams) that BB1 doesnt need to have an ethernet interface configured.  Am I correct in making that assumption?  Or have I missed something along the line somewhere?

Thanks in advance

Kevin

Comments

• I've been working through the workbooks, and it's occurred to me (based on the diagrams) that BB1 doesnt need to have an ethernet interface configured.  Am I correct in making that assumption?  Or have I missed something along the line somewhere?

Kevin,

If you look into the hardware specification guide, you can find that the BB1 is not connected anywhere via ethernet interface, rather it has a serial connection to the FR cloud.

HTH

• You are correct. It has only serial connections. If you are already preparing fo v5 you may simply use it as plain ethernet connection and/or transform the task in a PPPoE if you feel inclined.

---
    Marcos Hiroshi Umino

Le 28/12/2013 à 14:24, kminihane <bounce-kminih[email protected]> a écrit :

Hi

Apologies in advance if this has been answered elsewhere, but I'm not able to find it (so far anyway!)

I've been working through the workbooks, and it's occurred to me (based on the diagrams) that BB1 doesnt need to have an ethernet interface configured.  Am I correct in making that assumption?  Or have I missed something along the line somewhere?

Thanks in advance

Kevin

Internetwork Expert - The Industry Leader in CCIE Preparation

http://www.internetworkexpert.com

Subscription information may be found at:

http://www.ieoc.com/forums/ForumSubscriptions.aspx
  • Thanks guys....it was more of a query that was rattling around my head, and I was getting paranoid that I was missing something, even though it's not relevant......