Cisco360 thoughts?

Although I plan to use INE as my primary study tool for the CCIE lab, I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the Cisco360 program?  The only reason I ask is because my employer will pay for that training, since they accept learning credits.  I have used INE for my CCNA/CCNP studies and supplemented it with "Cisco Authorized" training in the past, with good results, but I know this program is much larger and more expensive than the lower level training is.  Any opinions would be appreciated.

Comments

• I think this has been discussed before. I've only used the mock labs but those were good. Very similar to the real thing.

The workbooks are good from what I've heard as well. Last time I checked it required Lock lizard though. Definitely a negative for me. I think the INE material is a notch above though.

Are you going for v5? I suppose so, they should produce new material for that and Cisco has the advantage there of being able to have worked on the update for a while so I expect there should be new materal out soon.

The 360 comes with a pretty hefty price but if you have learning credits it might not be a bad deal.

• I
    would definitely give the 360 a look. I recently took my first attempt in
    November of this yr., I didn't pass but I wasn't overwhelmed I just need to
    work my speed and accuracy. After failing I decided not to do the same things I
    had before my first attempt and gave the 360 approach a look. Someone I know
    who recently passed the lab had said he thought INE was the best at preparing
    you for the technical part of the lab and that 360 was better at the strategy
    part of the lab. I love INE material I've used them for about 80% and I would
    agree that the 360 approach focuses a lot on what needs to be done to pass the
    lab and only what needs to be done to pass the lab. 

I think INE's wkbks are the best technical books I've seen but I
    did look at a recent 360 lab during some 360 training and there was a question on
    the mock lab that was the exact question I had on the real lab. The 360 labs
    look and feel a lot like the real thing.

• I have used INE for my CCNA/CCNP studies and supplemented it with "Cisco Authorized" training in the past, with good results, but I know this program is much larger and more expensive than the lower level training is.  Any opinions would be appreciated

Most of the people can't afford for the Cisco racks & authorized training programs. I think you will be fine with INE racks since it also has different level of mock labs which examines your strength and prepare yourself for the real lab exam.

• Does anyone have information about the material? I see there are authorized trainings as mentioned on the website but it seems like they all have different delivery methods. Is there specific Cisco-made content that they all hand out at different prices or do the instructers all make their own videos and workbooks?

• Most of the people can't afford for the Cisco racks & authorized training programs

That is true, but in this case the OP has Cisco Learning Credits, and their employer is prepared to use those for CCIE training.

I liked the Cisco 360 Mock Labs, and I strongly recommend people use one or two of those if they can, in addition to the INE training. It gives you a different way of looking at things, and I think the 360 Mock Labs are better preparation for the lab than the INE mock labs.

• Also, in speaking with our Cisco 360 rep, it sounds like the v5 material for it will be available on January 6th.