Task 4.3 (OSPF)
This is really confusing... the question states:
• Configure OSPF area 0 on the Frame Relay link between R3 and R4.
• Do not change the default OSPF network type.
• Do not use any network commands.
• Configure MD5 authentication, use string of 1OSPF2
• Authentication should be enabled at the process level.
However, in the solution guide, it tells you to change the default network to non-broadcast.
ip ospf 1 area 0
ip ospf network non-broadcast
ip ospf message-digest-key 1 md5 1OSPF2
router ospf 1
area 0 authentication message-digest
This doesn't add up, because if you aren't supposed to change the network type, why does it say that in the solution guide? I was moving forward with adjusting the timers so that the hello packets were agreeing on the config. Which one is the right one to do?