Help! It's very unfortunately that I forget my cisco 3560x series WS-C3560X-24T-L switch password.I don't know how to solve this problem. Can someone tell me how to reset my password ? Is it same to reset WS-C3560X-48T-L password.
I believe there is same method for reseting passowrd on various 35xx switches. Please follow the steps as given below:
1) Press mode button for a while as soon as you power up the switch.
2) Switch will go into the different mode, which looks like this:
3) Then, type "flash_init" command.
flashfs: 11 files, 2 directories
Boot Sector Filesystem (bs:) installed, fsid: 3
4) Type "load_helper" command & change the name of config.text into another name.
switch: rename flash:config.text flash:config.old
5) Once you rename the file, you can boot the switch with "boot" command.
6) It will boot the switch in the normal mode. Now, you can set the desired password & get the existing config renaming the config.old into the config.text.