R&S V4 First timers

Is there any benifit in attempting V4 for first time after Mid-April, no chance to resit due to one month restriction, no seats anywhere in Europe, exam format completely restructured. Even if you are going for the experience its never going to be the same after the 3rd June.

Please share your thoughts

Comments

• I would say it would not be worth it unless you honestly believe you have a shot to passing it.  I did the same thing with V3 and almost passed but was screwed because I couldn't get back to take V3 because all the dates were full.  I would repeat self-assesment of new blue print and fill in weak areas.  Don't rush to be the first to take V5, just solidify your understanding and work on your speed. 

BTW, I passed 8 months after the version change.

• I agree, unless you are very confident you have a shot at it, then save your money and make your attempt when you are truly ready.

This is the mistake I have made (regardless of version change) I would say that just going to the lab for the experience looking back was not really worth it, you need to go the lab when you are confident of your abilities and can nail it.

If your employer is paying then it is a different story, but if you are funding it yourself, you need to know you can pass it.

There will obviously be issues that can trip you up but you don't want it to be your understanding of a particular technology

Roger

• Is there any benifit in attempting V4 for first time after Mid-April, no chance to resit due to one month restriction, no seats anywhere in Europe, exam format completely restructured. Even if you are going for the experience its never going to be the same after the 3rd June.

It's not a good idea to provision only one attempt for your CCIE exam since there is very low pass rate in the first attempt. If you pass it, you should be lucky one but it may be frustrating because of not having another attempt in the same version. So, it's up to you rather than analysing our suggestion because you know what level you are up to.

Good luck!

• If you try the v4 and dont pass, you can just take a look on weak points, have a look on new technologies inserted on v5 and as mentioned above, go to the exam after some months....

• IM waiting. 

I made the choice about 4+ months ago to back off a V4 attempt as I still had to finish up the written. 

Right now im circling back to get my v4 written out of the way and then will push for my first attempt by Q4 2014. This also depends on what INE does with their workbooks and how I need to adjust my lab at home. But that should not be far off the mark.