3.1 - Tunnel Interface Configuration

Is there a drawback to using tunnel source loopback0 verus specifying the IP address for this configuration?

Comments

• Is there a drawback to using tunnel source loopback0 verus specifying the IP address for this configuration?

Both the configurations are same where the source & destination IP addresses are constant. So, in this task you are asked to use loopback interfaces as the tunnel source, not an IP address. Therefore, you have to be focused on the wording & parioritize it. Do exactly what you are asked, else anything can be the result. ;) 

Good luck!

• Hari,

That's why I'm confused. The task was "Configure a tunnel between R4 and R5 using their Loopback0 interfaces as the
    source."

The solution used the IP address of Loopback0, not the interface: "tunnel source 150.1.5.5"

I understanding to be wary of the wording, but my question is more of "Is there a drawback to using one versus the other?"

Not that I can think of...

Thanks for the reply.

• JoeMJoeM ✭✭✭

Hari,

That's why I'm confused. The task was "Configure a tunnel between R4 and R5 using their Loopback0 interfaces as the
    source."

The solution used the IP address of Loopback0, not the interface: "tunnel source 150.1.5.5"

I understanding to be wary of the wording, but my question is more of "Is there a drawback to using one versus the other?"

Not that I can think of...

Thanks for the reply.

For
    me, it is much easier to just use the interface versus the IP
    address.   It is the same exact thing, and it is much easier/faster to
    type without mistakes.   "lo0"

• My take is that either solution would be graded correct, but that it's probably slightly better to use the interface name (fewer mistakes, portable, etc)