Books to read for CCIE SP

I just received my CCNP SP a few weeks ago and I'm beginning my studies for CCIE SP written. I'm just wondering for those that have recently passed the written what books did you use to study? I realize that Cisco has a list of recommended books, but it seems that a lot of the topics overlap.

Comments

• If you watch INE's ATC videos I believe Brian give s a good list to start with.

-v10d

• Hi,

this is what i am using and most of us did:

Internet Architectures

MPLS-ENABLED APPLICATIONS Third Edition - Minei, Lucek

MPLS and VPN Architectures vol 1 - Ivan Papenlnjak

MPLS and VPN Architectures vol 2 - Ivan Papenlnjak

MPLS Fundamentals - Luc De Ghein

Routing TCP/IP vol 1 and 2 - Jeff Doyle

OSPF and ISIS - Jeff Doyle

Cisco DOC CD

and especially the RFC. Read all the ones related to SP topics. Essential in my opinion. 

At last i do not know what to suggest for Multicast. I did find Jeff Doyle and Cisco website to be the best source of information for this topic. There is a nice book from Juniper and Cisco ---

Hope this helps

Alessio

• I would also add the following:

-Traffic Engineering with MPLS

I liked this book the best for learning in depth TE, including Cisco's implementation. MPLS enabled applications also had a good section on it (in my opinion).

• If you don't mind me asking, what materals did you use to study for the L2 VPN (VPLS/VPWS) and metro-e portion of the exams?

• That post was directed at the OP re the CCNP SP - sorry for being unclear.

• If you don't mind me asking, what materals did you use to study for the L2 VPN (VPLS/VPWS) and metro-e portion of the exams?

I found that "Layer 2 VPN Architectures" from Cisco Press (ISBN: 978-1-58705-168-5) does a great job. It is on the Cisco recommended book list as well.

/Mark

• I used the book thats included when taking the SPEDGE class from Global Knowledge (CCNP SP). I have found out though, they don't sell the books seperately from the classes.

• Thanks guys - I'm reading the L2 VPN book now, actually.