MVA and H.323 faststart

Hi everybody,

when MVA is configured on a H.323 gateway with inbound and outbound FastStart enabled, the Calling - or rather, the Connected Name - is not shown on the destination phone.

Pretend, Site B Phone 1 has MVA enabled, with all the nuts and bolts. He calls in, enters his PIN, presses 1 to initiate a call, and calls HQ Phone 1.

While ringing, Site B Phone 1's DN is shown - this is normal, by design. 

When HQ Phone 1 answers, only Site B Phone 1's DN is shown, if the "Enabled Inbound FastStart" is checked in CUCM. If inbound FastStart is off, when the call is connected, the Calling Name of Site B Phone 1 - "Site B Phone 1" appears.

Strangely enough, even if Inbound FastStart is on, if we place the call on hold and then resume, the calling name shows up, too.

Is it an expected behaviour or am I missing something?

Thanks.

G.

Comments

• it may have something to do with the h450 call redirect.  I'm taking a swag, but since the MVA is a VXML script, I would expect that if you mess with teh H450.2/3/12 options under the voice serv voip / h323 sections, you may be able to address this.  As much as I would HATE to have to dig through 225/245 asn1 traces, that may be a good way to discern the issue as well.  

I'm expecting that since the call is redirected by the h.323 gateway (assuming the VXML script has call control), the 2nd call leg being set up to the IP phone doesn't properly deliver proper caller ID.  Going on hold and off essentially re-extends the call to the phone, that's why you get caller ID after the resume.

like I said...it's a swag at best.  Probably some guys a lot smarter than me on here that know what the VXML really does that can answer that.

MT

On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 1:47 PM, netbakter <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi everybody,

when MVA is configured on a H.323 gateway with inbound and outbound FastStart enabled, the Calling - or rather, the Connected Name - is not shown on the destination phone.

Pretend, Site B Phone 1 has MVA enabled, with all the nuts and bolts. He calls in, enters his PIN, presses 1 to initiate a call, and calls HQ Phone 1.

While ringing, Site B Phone 1's DN is shown - this is normal, by design. 

When HQ Phone 1 answers, only Site B Phone 1's DN is shown, if the "Enabled Inbound FastStart" is checked in CUCM. If inbound FastStart is off, when the call is connected, the Calling Name of Site B Phone 1 - "Site B Phone 1" appears.

Strangely enough, even if Inbound FastStart is on, if we place the call on hold and then resume, the calling name shows up, too.

Is it an expected behaviour or am I missing something?

Thanks.

G.

INE - The Industry Leader in CCIE Preparation

http://www.INE.com

Subscription information may be found at:

http://www.ieoc.com/forums/ForumSubscriptions.aspx

• Hi

Trying using the following command under voice service voip.

Allow conn h323 to h323

no supp-ser h225 cid-update