MWI Relay in CME / SRST mode - 3 questions at the end

I'm running into a point of confusion and am wondering if someone can clarify:

CUE - CUCM integration working just fine.
Rolled over to CME/SRST mode and was unable to refresh MWI to the SCCP / SIP phones.

One Issue I found in my CUE config is that the following trigger was getting configured with the wrong IP it seems.  My CME / SRST IP address is 177.1.254.3 (Loop 0 I believe)

ccn subsystem sip
 gateway address "177.1.250.1" (loop 1 I believe)
 MWI SIP unsolicited

This is the IP that the system configures from the CUE initialization wizard, but it wouldn't work until I changed it to 177.1.254.3.

One of the things I thought I may have missed, but it doesn't seem to actually make a difference is the 'mwi sip' command under the srst ephone-dn-template.  I've rolled back with and without the template applied and it works (as long as I have the gateway addy set to 177.1.254.3).

Other configured key items already exist:
telephony-service
voicemail 3850
mwi relay

sip-ua
mwi-server ipv4:177.1.250.254 unsolicited

so I have 3 questions:
1) is it the case that MWI does not play nicely for SIP phones in SRST mode or am I seeing dated documentation...i.e. SIP and MWI should be working properly.

2) is the mwi sip a necessary component or does it add some stability (meaning, do it either way), or does it perform some ancillary function that I'm not aware of.  It seems like it's only for subscriber-notify MWI and not for unsolicited.

3) why, when I do a factory default, does it configure my gateway address as the loopback physical IP and not the SCCP address of CME?  Do I need to go back in and fix that on lab day or is there something squirrely on my config?

Comments

• Hi Michael,

Seems I need to start looking into my old configs but before all that can you please make sure you are not hit by the bug id#CSCta76151?

Not sure if you are talking about the same issue, let me digging out more deeply on what you have explained. :)

• Mijanur,

Seems I need to start looking into my old configs but before all that can you please make sure you are not hit by the bug id#CSCta76151?

Not sure if you are talking about the same issue, let me digging out more deeply on what you have explained. :)

well it appears I just need to do an in-lab upgrade to my CME server to get that MWI working then.  I'm sure the proctor won't mind :)

Thank you for that sanity check, I am close to my lab date and was concerned I was missing something key.

If you have any thought on my other question, especially the 3rd point about the gateway IP...I would appreciate it.  I have no issue adding the 'extra' config for the MWI SIP if that is truly just for SIP Notify MWI.  I guess as long as I'm doing provision dn / all.