4.13. Redistribution Loop Prevention
The task says the following :
• Ensure that the RIP routes redistributed into EIGRP on R3 do not get
passed back into EIGRP from OSPF on R2 or R4.
How would this happen taking into account that in a previous section the external ospf distance has been set to 171 ?
I think that with this distance configured the following happens. For example, let's take a RIP route coming from BB3 :
- route gets redistributed by R3 into Eigrp 10 domain => AD 170
- route gets to R2, which redistributes it into OSPF
- route gets to R4, by OSPF transport with an AD of 171
- routes doesn't get installed in routing table through OSPF as the AD is higher that the AD of the already installed route (EIGRP 170)
The same would happen with the routes that get redistributed into OSPF by R4 and get ultimately to R2.
So my question is, why would the tagging solution be presented in SG as I understand that distance solution from previous task already has taken care of this issue.
Please help me on this one.