If all lines are busy in a sip trunk can I have the call sent to voicemail

If all lines are busy in a sip trunk can I have an incoming call sent to voicemail in a CME system?  For example if there are 10 sip trunks and all lines are busy and an 11th call comes in is there a way to forward that to a voicemail.

Comments

• Hi Dmart,

The caller gets an engage tone when all channels are in use. Thus you have no option to redirect the call to voicemail.

• Hi, think on your question again. If there are 10 sip trunk channels and all lines are busy then how the 11th call will reach to your system?

• Thats what I figured just wanted to make sure before I tell my boss he needs to invest in more trunks.

Thanks guys

• Ok, is there a way to set it up if all lines are busy it gets sent back to the autoattendant and it plays the prompt "all lines are busy please try calling back later". 

• For example if there are 10 sip trunks and all lines are busy and an
    11th call comes in is there a way to forward that to a voicemail.

If your scenario is based on your first post then the answer is no.

Ok, is there a way to set it up if all lines are busy it gets sent back to the autoattendant and it plays the prompt "all lines are busy please try calling back later". 

Let say you had available channels to handle the calls, you can use BACD to make an announcement.

hxxp://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/bacd/configuration/guide/cme40tcl.html

• If you have 10 sip trunks then 11th call cannot come while you ISP will reject it. But if ISP will not reject it and 11th call will come to your CME router you can try operate with max-conn on your incoming dial-peers. Then you will have 2 incoming dialpeers: one main with maxconn 10/preference 1 and second with translation-profile applied/preference 2. 

Translation profile should replace called number to voicemail system and this number should be able triggered by this call.

Also don't forget about right of 'dial-peer hunt'.