Regarding features

Hi Everyone,

I am using 8945 video phone and cucm 8.6 in my network set up.I had certain queries,

I configured 2 lines in my 8945 phone(say 1000 and 2000).And when i am trying to use "Foward all" softkey  in Primary line(1000) its working, but  i cant see and use that softkey  in secondary (2000). My query is whether seperate softkey tempelate is available for each DN , in same phone?. Please help me to solve this issue.

Comments

• "My query is whether seperate softkey tempelate is available for each DN , in same phone?"

Setting up a seperate softkey template for each DN is not possible. To my knowledge softkey templates are configured at the device level.

You cannot have mulitple Softkey templates per each 8945 DN assigned to a specific button. 

• Hi 

as far as i know you can assign a CFWAll statement only to the first line , instead CUCME u can do it for every line , but u can have a look here where u can find a workaround , hope it helps :)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080916196.shtml

Cheers

Antonio

• You should be able to set call forward all on line 1 and 2.

Please refer to 8945 phone admin guide.

"Call forwarding is phone-line specific. If a call
    reaches you on a line where call forwarding is not enabled, the call
    will ring as usual.
    "

hxxp://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/8941_8945/8_5/english/user-guide/callingfeatures_8945.html

• Hi All,

Thanks for your valuable information. So as per your advice , CfwdAll  can be possible in each user's ccmuser page. But if suppose the secondary line user who is not used to do the CfwdAll in user webpage(due to non availability of laptop in office environment), then he cant able to press the Cfwdall softkey in phone physically , right ?... 

Regards,

Fred.

• Hi Fred,

As mentioned in my previous post, you can setup call forward all without using the CCM user page.

Also, I've tested this in my environment (8945 phone registered to CUCM 8.5) and it works without issues.

• Rejohn,
        The problem is that you either need to maintain it for your user base every time they want to forward and unforward OR u need to give the users ccmadmin access.  Neither is reasonable in a production environment.  

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 21, 2013, at 7:00 AM, rejohn <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi Fred,

As mentioned in my previous post, you can setup call forward all without using the CCM user page.

Also, I've tested this in my environment (8945 phone registered to CUCM 8.5) and it works without issues.

INE - The Industry Leader in CCIE Preparation

http://www.INE.com

Subscription information may be found at:

http://www.ieoc.com/forums/ForumSubscriptions.aspx
  • Hi Fred

tyes u r right , honestly i had no experience with 8945 model but as far as i know when u press Cfwdall  softkey it refers to the first line . For others line user has to access their web page and play with their settings and set CFWAll on whatever line they want  ( at least on 79XX family )

Bye

Antonio

• Michael.thompson,

There are pros and cons on using phone and ccmadmin user page to setup CFALL.

Using phone:

Pros:

1. CFALL can be done in two steps. First, select the line followed by pressing the CFALL soft key. Finally, enter the destination number.
    2. User doesnt need a computer to setup CFALL.

Cons:
    1. If the user is on leave and forgot to setup CFALL to voicemail or any number. Then setting up CFALL via CCMadmin page comes in handy. User is required to VPN to company's network to acces CUCM though. Still a lengthy process (more than 10 steps?).

Using CCMadmin page:
    Pros:
    1. Can setup CFALL via CCMadmin page anywhere you are.

Cons:
    1. Involves too many steps.
    2. Requires a computer to setup CFALL.

In real world, users know both ways but users prefer just using the phone.

• Hi All,

Thanks a lot for your responses. 

- Fred.