Vol 1 Mod2 - CorpHQ to PSTN PRI down?

I've been working on Mod2 trying to go through the various exercises and on both vorack12 and vorack4 after loading the configurations to the routers and CUCM I can't call 911 from either HQ PH1 or PH2.  I get a fast busy because i'm exhausting the route list per the trace files.

It turns out the PRI on CorpHQ R1 isn't establishing:

ISDN Serial0/0/0:23 interface

dsl 0, interface ISDN Switchtype = primary-ni
L2 Protocol = Q.921 0x0000  L3 Protocol(s) = CCM MANAGER 0x0003
    Layer 1 Status:
ACTIVE
   Layer 2 Status:
TEI = 0, Ces = 1, SAPI = 0, State = TEI_ASSIGNED
  Layer 3 Status:
0 Active Layer 3 Call(s)

Is there a bug in this module that I'm not finding documented somewhere?  I don't think its me or the rack because I've seen this twice over two rental sessions on vorack12 and vorack4. In the walk through video Mark just makes calls to 911 and works each task.  I'm presuming if since Module 2 is mostly CLI and tool manipulation calling 911 should function without troubleshooting?

Comments

• Oh - on a last minute whim I rebooted CorpHQ as a hail mary and it came up, multiple_frame_established, etc.   As soon as I saw that I hit redial and I got a fast busy - but I was within the last seconds of my rental and everything disconnected right as I did it so this might be that simple but I'm not sure I understand why this PRI doesn't establish.

Prior to that I had tried resetting the gateway via CUCM, shut/no shut on the controller and the serial interface, and now that I think of it I didn't think to do a no mgcp/mgcp and CUCM is getting configured after the IOS is built.  I bet thats it.

Can anyone confirm they've gone through this?

• Hi,

Try to remove & issue again the command below to fix this issue:

'isdn bind-l3 ccm-manager' from the serial interface.

If not fixed, save and reload the router. Hope you won't face this issue again.

• Did you do no mgcp / mgcp on the gw?

Also, can u confirm isdn bind-l3 ccm-manager was configured on serial?

Bind control for mgcp could also be missing if its the loop vs closest interface 

Those are my top of mind

On Sep 13, 2013 12:14 AM, "jbourne" <[email protected]> wrote:

Oh - on a last minute whim I rebooted CorpHQ as a hail mary and it came up, multiple_frame_established, etc.   As soon as I saw that I hit redial and I got a fast busy - but I was within the last seconds of my rental and everything disconnected right as I did it so this might be that simple but I'm not sure I understand why this PRI doesn't establish.

Prior to that I had tried resetting the gateway via CUCM, shut/no shut on the controller and the serial interface, and now that I think of it I didn't think to do a no mgcp/mgcp and CUCM is getting configured after the IOS is built.  I bet thats it.

Can anyone confirm they've gone through this?

INE - The Industry Leader in CCIE Preparation

http://www.INE.com

Subscription information may be found at:

http://www.ieoc.com/forums/ForumSubscriptions.aspx
  • Did you do no mgcp / mgcp on the gw?

Also, can u confirm isdn bind-l3 ccm-manager was configured on serial?

Bind control for mgcp could also be missing if its the loop vs closest interface 

Those are my top of mind

So this one has me so frustrated I moved on to better spend my time on other topics.  I'm starting to think there is something wrong with the way I'm importing the configuration into call manager.  I've reproduced this failure on three different racks.

I found that in this scenario there is no wic-participate defined so I did that to clear up the errors on the controller.  I was able to clear up the TEI_ASSIGNED at the isdn layer with a no mgcp / mgcp.  The bind was there and if you do a "show ccm" it shows the D channel backhauled.

However, no matter what I try, I always get reorder tone attempting to make the call.  I even made a simple pattern for '911' and pointed it directly to the gateway and still get reorder tone.  I've checked replication, rebooted pub/sub, and turned up detailed logging and pulled logs (where all I see is a bunch of inconclusive comparisons).   

Has anyone actually been able to make this 911 call in a rented rack using module 2 configs recently?  I'm wondering if something is corrupted or if I corrupted something myself.  I've pretty much written this off and moved on to other modules as I was spending too much time troubleshooting something that is probably a fluke.