Question about the R&S INE videos

So I'm about to start CCIE R&S studies, and it seems that one valid approach is to prepare for the lab exam from the start, and once I start getting close to scheduling a LAB exam ( maybe 3/4 through my studies) then take the written exam since the subject matter is pretty similar.  I plan on following along with the order of the  INE CCIE R&S videos as far as schedule/plan goes, and compliment that with some reading.  My question is with this approach, would it be ok to start with the Advanced Technology series, (then the T-shoot series, then the mock labs and such) or does the advanced technologies series build upon what is coverd in the CCIE Written exam series.  My thought was to just use the written exam series down the road as test prep for the written, and I preferr to try to master one topic at a time b/f moving on.  I am also trying to spead out the purchase of videos over time as well, and I'm thinking the advanced tech series will last me for many months.

Comments

• To begin with, INE periodically has specials on their CCIE bundles, so if you wnat the whole shebang, you might wait until there is one - usually it's a couple hundred bucks off of the already discounted bundle price - pretty sweet.  Historically they seem to have had a labor day weekend sale, so your timing may be perfect.

I'm not even close to studying for the R&S CCIE yet, and I use the R&S ATC vids and workbook extensively for an introduction to technologies.  I've started using the SP videos and workbook as well.  Sometimes I have to pause the videos and play catchup to understand a topic, but in general Brian seems to only assume a CCNP level understanding of things when teaching.  I've never seen the written vids, but Brian tends to start off pretty slow in the ATC vids, usually with a technology refresher, before diving into the deeper levels of material.

What I'm trying to say in a very unfocused way is that IMO you can dive right in to the ATC vids w/o issue.  I started watching them prior to having a CCNP and had no trouble keeping up.

• The ATC videos requires that you have at least some understanding of the protocols. If I'm not mistaken I think there is a written video series as well:

http://www.ine.com/self-paced/ccie-routing-switching/bootcamps/ccie-routing-switching-written-exam.htm

Also right now INE has a 10-year anniversary deal. So look into that! It expires September 2nd.

Everyone has their methodology for studying. Mine was to build a solid foundation by reading books like:

Interconnections: Bridges, Routers, Switches, and Internetworking Protocols

TCP/IP Illustrated, Vol. 1: The Protocols

Internetworking with TCP/IP Vol.1: Principles, Protocols, and Architecture (4th Edition)

CCIE Routing and Switching Certification Guide (4th Edition)

Routing TCP/IP, Volume 1 (2nd Edition)

Routing TCP/IP, Volume II (CCIE Professional Development)

Developing IP Multicast Networks, Volume I

Good luck with your studies!

• Well, I have CCNP level knowledge of eveything normally covered in those type of couses  (just recently certified),  but i guess I was looking forward to working with a certain topic until I felt I had mastered it before moving on.  I'd prefer to watch a video, make notes, then lab it up, then read about it, then move onto the next topic. I was looking at the written series as more of a review, and I just feel like it would benefit me to go back and really dive into everything...even if it takes longer.   

• Tommy,

You plan seems to follow:

1. Study core technologies
    2. Configure/Troubleshoot core technologies
    3. Repeat steps one and two until you reach your desired level of proficiency
    4. Study advanced technologies
    5. Configure/Troubleshoot advanced technologies
    6. Repeat steps four and five until you reach your desired level of proficiency
    7. Somewhere along the way take the written
    8. Sit the lab. If you don't pass on the first go, use the experience to hone your skills, etc.

The devil is in the details!  Many folk learn/retain best when material is presented in written form. Another group absolutely prefers material to be in videos and/or classroom training.  And some require a combination of the above. Find methods for learning/retaining technologies that work for you and put them to good use.

HTH

Ernie

• hELLO

I have a question about INE video, I already bought a bundle :

To date the solution I found is to download video by video, is it possible to use a downloader tool

to automatize this process even if the download speed is not higher at least you do not have to

stay all the time close to your computer ?

• I think I read somewhere that they are working on it, but nothing yet. 

• This is not possible at this time

-----Original Message-----

Sent: 1 Sep 2013 17:26:16 GMT

To: [email protected]

Subject: Re: [CCIE R&S General] Question about the R&S INE videos

hELLO

I have a question about INE video, I already bought a bundle :

To date the solution I found is to download video by video, is it possible to use a downloader tool

to automatize this process even if the download speed is not higher at least you do not have to

stay all the time close to your computer ?

INE - The Industry Leader in CCIE Preparation

http://www.INE.com

Subscription information may be found at:

http://www.ieoc.com/forums/ForumSubscriptions.aspx

• I increased the number of connections mozilla supported for download to somewhere around 15 so it got easier to dowload the 156 ATC videos.

Ciprian.

• I increased the number of connections mozilla supported for download to somewhere around 15 so it got easier to dowload the 156 ATC videos.

Ciprian.

I have tried two download managers [Downthemall and internetdownloadmanager (trial)] and your solution, to my experience it is clearly the best solution.

To date download managers tend to increase download speed but on a limited amount of file, implying your need to stay close to your computer to refill.

Increasing the number of concurrent download in firefow enabled you to start downloading up to 15 files, and you can walk away from your computer while files download.

To do that you can apply the steps mentionned in the link below :

http://www.lytebyte.com/2007/07/30/how-to-increase-the-number-of-simultaneous-download-limit-in-firefox/

• A tool like Down Them All would probably be useful.  Pretty sure that's what I used.