Difference Between Backup interface & Floating Routes

What is the difference between Backup interface & Floating Routes

Both are used for same task , one;s int line protocol is down  , other route installed in RIB ,

Same done viah floating routes ?? so whats is the man difference between them ??

any1 ??

Comments

• Who is this person?

How reliable is this?

• peetypeety ✭✭✭

How legit is this?

I'm thinking not very legit.  He recently said he's a network engineer in data center implementations, which would suggest that he's not on the CCIE team.  With four years experience, I'd be hard-pressed to think he's networked well enough to get into the inner circle.  Plus, it's quite odd to think the CCIE would run two labs in parallel.  Either way, his manager isn't going to very happy that he's posting this kind of stuff (if he's right, he's leaking the information, whereas if he's wrong, he's fraudently pretending to represent the company).

• Please wait for reliable informations from cisco.

I think personnally it's not good to distillate false or unreliable informations.

This will mislead us and itsn't good.

Thanks to ignore this kind of unreliable message.

• Hi All,

As Peety said this info is either leaked or untrue.

Even a hard-core marketing type would not be foolish enough to misrepresent a major company even though representing fiction as fact is an important skill that is frequently exercised by that group.

More than once, I have seen written info left in the copy room by Mr. Big's assistant or heard statements where the source was credible but my exposure was accidental (Meeting room door wide open and LOUD conversation flowing out). If in any one of those situations, my understanding of my NDA caused me to believe that I could share and ethically sharing seemed appropriate, I would have.

Funny how my understanding of an NDA always seems to disallow sharing.

HTH

Ernie

• Cisco has to announce it in the Cisco Live first. After that, they provide six months time for the existing candidates which helps them for smoothly transitioning into new version. As peety said, it's not a reliable information and not authentic as well. Also, he doesn't belong to management team of Cisco rather he is just a network engineer as DC. So, I don't believe it would be changed before next Cisco Live!

Good luck!

• Oh well, I have to put another email rule on this subject.

thx
    dsu

On Sat, Aug 24, 2013 at 6:41 AM, Amarpreet10 <[email protected]> wrote:

Normal

false
    false
    false

EN-US
    X-NONE
    X-NONE

MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

/* Style Definitions */
    table.MsoNormalTable
    {mso-style-name:"Table Normal";
    mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
    mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
    mso-style-noshow:yes;
    mso-style-priority:99;
    mso-style-parent:"";
    mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
    mso-para-margin:0in;
    mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;
    mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
    font-size:10.0pt;
    font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}

Update From Cisco Systems , Inc

CCIEv4 will not change at the end of 2013, instead the CCIEv5 will
    be announced in Nov 2013. What does that mean? It means that CCIEv4 will be
    available for 6 months from the newest version’s announcement date (that is
    until May 2014) and the CCIEv5 lab will be available starting in March 2014 so
    both labs will co-exist for 2 months (April-May) until the V4 lab reaches EoL.
    so If you  all have started your CCIE studies and you are already deep into the topics,
    just continue with V4 as you have plenty of time. If you just started or will
    start soon (that is start between now and the next few days) go for V4 at full
    speed and you will still be able to make it, otherwise focus on core topics for
    now until you know the blueprint of the V5 in details and continue from there.
    When I say core topics I mean all things switching from CCNP, all three IGPs,
    and BGP (all with IPv4 and IPv6) as these are not going to change (yeah, the
    good old RIP will still be part of the CCIE). I hope this helps.

Amarpreet Singh

Network Engineer

Cisco systems, Inc.

INE - The Industry Leader in CCIE Preparation

http://www.INE.com

Subscription information may be found at:

http://www.ieoc.com/forums/ForumSubscriptions.aspx

• Hi ,

its your wish to believe or not .

As I was Preparing for CCIE RS from last 2 months , so i was bit worry about version change , I execute 2 post on this forum earlier 

asking for version change , but got nothing . then i asked everyone in cisco about this, who had the r8 info regarding this .

then finally yesterday i got info from US team thet cisco will anounce in nov 2013 for the new blueprint , so we had time upto may 2014. there is nothing like to mislead people , i just want to share this statement , coz many friends were asking the same ques , 

i thought it may help others who are preparing for CCIE RS, & to let them know that dont worry just Move on with ur passion n studies 

no other intention was dere at all 

• Hi Amarpreet,

Previously we were not aware of your hard effort to find this out and we thought it as your own logic, thats why it was taken as a matter of controversial. Thanks for your effort on this topic and please don't take it as wrong since its very hard for all to believe who are preparing for version 4 blueprint. [:D]

Good luck with your prepration! 

• Hi David , 

you can search my background professionaly as well as on IEOC forums ,  u will find that from last 2-3 months i was searching for the same info & was asking you people on ieoc about ver change , coz m preparing for LAB & it was a worry

from IEOC i found info that cisco will announce ver change on this Cisco Live , so i waited but still nothing found, cisco didnt announce anything regarding ver change .

Then from my personal links i collected info & conclude based on that info that version is going to be changed  next year 

I just Share for helping those who are preparing hard , not to worry , just focus on studies & practicing labs 

u tell me Sharing is a Bad thing ??

everyone in this post replies are so much negatively thinking 

it was  just a Reminder that dont worry about ver change just move on . that was my intention .

• Hi peety, 

I appreciate what you had said , but i must say one thing if any person is desperate to get something , he will get 

it has no concern with Team, your profession , your experience . it depends on your social life, social circle, links & Keen-ness to knw about the info. the idea behind was to share with you guys just as simple as that , i was facing problems abt ver change , 

i just want that no other guy should b distracted with worry of version change and this isnt a bad thing . still if you thing i shoudnt post this then just believe urself.

• I don't know what position you may have within Cisco, but assuming you do, and this is real info, did you ever stop and think that publicly sharing confidential information is usually career-ending?

On 24/08/2013, at 6:21 PM, Amarpreet10 <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi ,

its your wish to believe or not .

As I was Preparing for CCIE RS from last 2 months , so i was bit worry about version change , I execute 2 post on this forum earlier 

asking for version change , but got nothing . then i asked everyone in cisco about this, who had the r8 info regarding this .

then finally yesterday i got info from US team thet cisco will anounce in nov 2013 for the new blueprint , so we had time upto may 2014. there is nothing like to mislead people , i just want to share this statement , coz many friends were asking the same ques , 

i thought it may help others who are preparing for CCIE RS, & to let them know that dont worry just Move on with ur passion n studies 

no other intention was dere at all 

• I think folks should go easy on this fella.

I think his intentions are in the right place and he's just trying to be informative.  I don't at all think his intentions were malicious.

• Hi,

It's good to share but I personnaly appreciate reliabe and authorized source info.

You've to pay attention with that but I don't think you're authorized to make this announcement here.

Take care.

Thanks,

• Cisco will make an announcement when they are ready to do so.

We cannot expect an official reply to random posts on various discussion forums.

I think the poster (and some of us) are frustrated with lack of any response from Cisco.

Come on Cisco!, either says yes or no change officially!

• career-ending? eh, maybe,  but job-ending for sure;

Yeah, that's probably a more accurate statement.

• they should; 1. it has been 4 years since last revision, 2. rumors keep growing;

if u hear rumors at workplace, boss will come out and say something, right? so I think it would be nice if Cisco make "update" on progress.

Why? Just because it would be 'nice' ? This is not a workplace - even there, managers won't respond to all rumours. Why should they? They don't owe us anything. They can make the announcement in their own time, when they are ready to go with a new version. The only sensible announcement they can make is "Here's the details for the new version, it starts in 6 months." There's nothing else that they could, or should, say. Do you expect them to say: "We're working on a new version" ? What would be the point in telling us something we already know? It would be like Apple saying "We're working on a new version of the iPhone" - i.e. it's not news. News is saying "Here's the release date for the new iPhone"

• peetypeety ✭✭✭

The big problem here: you aren't authorized to speak on behalf of the CCIE team.  If you were, this would be posted on the CCIE website for all to see.  Instead, you're spreading what can only be classified as a rumor, and now you've doctored your original post in the hopes of covering your tracks.  If you had any credibility before, it's all gone now.

A long time ago in a job I used to have, I shared confidential information with a co-worker.  I nearly got fired for it - I was sitting a few feet from the company president who told me that he should fire me.  The co-worker told me that he wasn't going to say anything, but that I should speak up to the parties involved and confess.  An hour later, he changed his mind and told the parties involved.  Although he did the right thing, he also violated my trust, so not only did I lose the trust of company management for a while, that co-worker lost my trust.  The same could easily happen to you - the co-worker who told you has probably lost trust in your big mouth, and you could be in jeopardy of losing your job too.

Regardless, if you're right, you've used insider information to schedule a lab date at the optimum time: one of the last dates of v4.  Although indirect, I consider that a form of cheating, and encourage you to drop your lab date and wait until 30 days after the announcement date you're claiming before scheduling a new date.  If you're right, you'll most likely have lost any chance of taking the v4 exam, which I think is fair punishment for scheduling with insider information.  If you're wrong about the updated lab version, you'll have nothing to worry about.

• Hi peety,

Yes you're right.

@ Amarpreet10, Please don't polluate us with the rumour. Let us study here for our CCIE.

Thanks,

• This thread reads strangely now that the first post has been redacted.

• This thread reads strangely now that the first post has been redacted.

OK, sometime we've a moderation and it can takes more time to get post be validate.

No problem about that, but let say that we don't want rumour here.

Thanks

• peetypeety ✭✭✭

OK, sometime we've a moderation and it can takes more time to get post be validate.

Kalmogo, perhaps it's a language issue, but pieces of eight was pointing out that if someone were to visit this thread, they'd find themselves very confused.  This post wasn't MODERATED, but the original post has been EDITED in its entirety (presumably by the original poster) to cover up what was originally said.  However, that original post does appear in quoted areas below, as does the feverish discussion.

This has nothing to do with moderation and moderation delays.  This has to do with the original poster thinking they should hide their post, and therefore making huge edits.  If it would have been moderated, the whole thread wouldn't be here (and if that were the case, I'd hope that the moderators would, for once, reach out to those who commented on the post to let them know what happened).

• Hi, 

i'll tell u the truth , i joined company last month only after working very hard from life & passing the most toughest time of my life 

then i got this job having no parents. so pls dont get so muchh personal upon me regarding my job 

when i heard - i immidiately posted in an  excitement, i was not aware of the thing called - confidential coz my mind says that "something is confidential when it exists". as this info was predicted + assumed & a part of collected data from various good sources So it was my belief only after going thru all aspects , which i shared among u people apparently wiith amateur thinking i guess. it was not with an intention of pollution . coz if anyone believe also he might be encouraged for study ccie .

as the meaning if post was " DONT WORRY WE Still have Time -Just Go for it "

purpose was very simple - share the info to help others- but i think the way i did was not correct/childish and for that 

I  do apologise for that to all ,dese things wont happen again i promise,i had realised my mistake now. hope u all understant my point of view. 

but dont get so much personal with me atleast your posts can End my career . so its a request to stop all these 

harsh reactions upon me , & lets continue our study & talk about CCIE technical topics .hopefully now u will able to knw why i edit the post.

Thanks & Regards 

• Okay Peety,

Thanks for these clarifications. I'm not an English speaken native, so itsn't evidente sometimes.

Thanks,

Kalmogo, perhaps it's a language issue, but pieces of eight was pointing out that if someone were to visit this thread, they'd find themselves very confused.  This post wasn't MODERATED, but the original post has been EDITED in its entirety (presumably by the original poster) to cover up what was originally said.  However, that original post does appear in quoted areas below, as does the feverish discussion.

This has nothing to do with moderation and moderation delays.  This has to do with the original poster thinking they should hide their post, and therefore making huge edits.  If it would have been moderated, the whole thread wouldn't be here (and if that were the case, I'd hope that the moderators would, for once, reach out to those who commented on the post to let them know what happened).

• Hey peety 

i had no intention of polluting people , in India i am the part of NGO/organisation who servers for poor people , 

provide food / shelter & education who dont have money to get educated . so i always want people to get r8 info , r8 materials & thoughts with motivation in life to do better .  This post was made in excitement to share my belief for helping not to pollute 

I think this was not the r8 place for sharing ideas , i apologise for that . i wont post any thing even its 100% truth 

I didnt made any Crime or murder as u all are making this an big issue with an intention of ending my career .

now tell me what i am supposed to do to correct myself ?

• now tell me what i am supposed to do to correct myself ?

Firstly, stop using "r8" instead of "right". It makes no sense.

Secondly, look on this as a life lesson. In future you're going to be a in a variety of situations where you may receive information that may not be appropriate to publicly share. Use a little bit of common sense. Think: Do I have permission to share this information? Is this company confidential? Or personally confidential? e.g. if your friend tells you that they've got a strange rash, do you go and tell everyone? No, because it's not appropriate. If you are aware of company information that has not been made public, do you think it's your role to publicise it? Probably not, unless you're working in PR. None of this is rocket science - this is basic life common sense, and you shouldn't even need to be told this. It's like those people who share exact exam questions, and then claim they didn't realise the NDA said they couldn't do that. Doesn't need an NDA, just a bit of thought.

Thirdly, how come your .sig now contains a different name? And you keep changing your story about where you work?

• I don't think anyone wants to end your career.  I think people were saying, in a roundabout way, that posting the info you did while working for cisco would likely result in termination if cisco discovered the post.

CLD and RGE are commonly used acronyms - Career Limiting Decision, and Resume Generating Event - both essentially mean the same thing.  Posting "hey guys, I work for cisco and got the inside scoop - here it is, and here's my name" might qualify.

I don't have an opinion about things either way, but CYA is rule #1 in any and every case.

• Boys, please keep it civil.  When there is an update to the blueprint Cisco will announce it.  Focus on learning the technologies and becoming an expert and you will inherently pass the exam.

Brian McGahan, 4 x CCIE #8593 (R&S/SP/SC/DC), CCDE #2013::13

[email protected]

Internetwork Expert, Inc.

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Martinl
    Sent: Monday, August 26, 2013 11:58 PM
    To: Brian McGahan
    Subject: Re: [CCIE R&S General] NEWS > CCIE RS New Blueprint v5 will be in effect on March 2014

CYA?  what the heck is that?

• I have to agree with Brian. If all you do is focus on the next blueprint that hasn't been announced then your wasting your time. I'm waiting on the decision if I have a new network engineer position. I didn't go blab to my boss that I'm waiting to hear, I could lose my job. You need to wait for Cisco to make the announcement. The Brians went to the techtorial for the R&S lab at Cisco Live, no changes in the coming future. Until you hear an update nothing is changing.