CCIE Data Center Online Work Book not in CCIE DC Bundle?

So I purchased the CCIE Data Center bundle over the memorial weekend, thinking that I have all the current resources I need to get started on the track. Come to find out that UCS Technology workbook was not deposited into the account, two emails to support and I am squared away. No sweat. Excellent support. 

But the question comes that the workbooks deposited into the account was still the old format. Over the weekend, and still is, being advertised as the "New! CCIE Data Center Online Workbook: New Format: Online and Interactive" for only $399 is NOT what you get, It turns out that you are getting the "CCIE Data Center Technology Lab Online Workbook", which does not include the interactive portion (I guess?). Does the label not suggest that they are the same material but the workbook is with the new format? Support punted to sales, and sales just said 'sorry, not included'.

Pretty dumb if you ask me. Leave a message to this post if you agree with me. If I am the only one who were fooled by it, I guess it is just me. But as someone who were a total fan back when I got my number in 2008, and subsequently purchased Voice and Service Provider track for knowledge expansion, pretty dissapointed... :(

Comments

• Not really sure what you mean. I'm a DC workbook customer and since they are only a few months old, I assure you that they are new :).

I believe the interactive portion is the 'feedback' button.

• Eric,

Can you help us understand what you mean by new vs old format? Or also what you mean by the "interactive portion"?

We have only ever published one version of the CCIE DC Technology Labs (workbook), and it is the online version, and was only published a few months back. 

Help me help you! :-)

• Sure, Mark. Thanks for responding. Judging from the responses, I guess there is only 1 version ever? Here is my hangup, since the banner showed 'New Format: Online and Interactive', I thought there was a different version that is more 'interactive' than what I saw before. Since the banner showed the task on the left side, and 'connect to Java UCSM UI' on the right, I thought the interactive meant there will be simulations that will allow you to type in configurations as you go, then shows answers as you click thru the different tasks. Or some kind of Flash app that allows you to click and input various UCSM tasks. The workbook I received was no different than what I saw as sample a few weeks back, so I thought I did not receive the new format. 

I think it could have been cleared up if it was explained to me that there was only 1 format ever when I opned the case, if that were the case and save me some frustration and this post. You can take a look at [#JKE-833142] and help improve the support experience, I believe. 

Alright, pretty clear the mistake is on my end, my apologies. 

On to the study, if I can only reserve some slot on the rack rentals with UCS chassis. :)

• I see. Sorry, no interactive CLI embedded into the web page at this time, although that is a good idea for a very nice feature. 

Yeah, the timeslots are fairly booked up, but hopefully that will clear up some for you and also we will be renting out a new complete rack very soon, so watch the blog for that.

On Jun 1, 2013, at 5:09 PM, eric_chou <[email protected]> wrote:

Sure, Mark. Thanks for responding. Judging from the responses, I guess there is only 1 version ever? Here is my hangup, since the banner showed 'New Format: Online and Interactive', I thought there was a different version that is more 'interactive' than what I saw before. Since the banner showed the task on the left side, and 'connect to Java UCSM UI' on the right, I thought the interactive meant there will be simulations that will allow you to type in configurations as you go, then shows answers as you click thru the different tasks. Or some kind of Flash app that allows you to click and input various UCSM tasks. The workbook I received was no different than what I saw as sample a few weeks back, so I thought I did not receive the new format. 

I think it could have been cleared up if it was explained to me that there was only 1 format ever when I opned the case, if that were the case and save me some frustration and this post. You can take a look at [#JKE-833142] and help improve the support experience, I believe. 

Alright, pretty clear the mistake is on my end, my apologies. 

On to the study, if I can only reserve some slot on the rack rentals with UCS chassis. :)

INE - The Industry Leader in CCIE Preparation
    http://www.INE.com

Subscription information may be found at:
    http://www.ieoc.com/forums/ForumSubscriptions.aspx