Comments

• Hi

Thanks for the news.

Do you think it will be easier o harder?

Now it include video. What will they remove? Gatekeepers may be?

Cheers

• Gatekeeper and T1/E1 CAS are officially removed. See this document

• I think different more so than harder.  The SAF / inter-cluster is a huge differentiator, but it isn't rocket science. 

The UCS / VMware piece is a big add on, but anyone that has their own lab likely has a head start on this piece.  For example, I have 2 servers running VMware.  I know enough to be dangerous, but I have a jump on folks that have no VMware exposure.  

Gatekeeper being gone will be a bonus, but I have to assume they will go much deeper on SIP and CUBE to 'offset' that removal.  

The CAS piece is almost a throw away since there wasn't much protocol level work in the lab.  

My 2 cents.  

Sent from my iPhone

On May 29, 2013, at 10:35 AM, Faldo <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi

Thanks for the news.

Do you think it will be easier o harder?

Now it include video. What will they remove? Gatekeepers may be?

Cheers

INE - The Industry Leader in CCIE Preparation

http://www.INE.com

Subscription information may be found at:

http://www.ieoc.com/forums/ForumSubscriptions.aspx
  • If Cisco is consistent in any area of CCIE, it typically is that you have absolutely no access to anything that is "non-Cisco". So while VMWare ESXi will be running on the UCS rack server, you likely won't have any access to it, just as you don't in the CCIE DC lab (which, if anywhere, is where you would have to access it). 

That being said, the only Cisco has truly ever been consistent on is simply not being consistent at anything.

• This is a goog news [:D]

• And yes, expect a HEAVY testing emphasis on SIP. SIP Profiles for normalization in CUBE, CUBE box-to-box redundancy, SIP Normalization with Lua scripting in UCM (get ready to learn scripting syntax, methods, operators, folks!). SIP SIP SIP!