Section Control Plane Protection error in technologies workbook

Dears,

A part of the question is asking to Ensure that all fragmented packets transiting the router are limited to 1 Mbps.

The solution is configured using packets per second as per below

policy-map TRANSIT_RATE_LIMIT
 class FRAGMENTS
  police rate 1000000 pps burst 200000 packets

it needs to be like below:

class FRAGMENTS
  police 1000000 200000

Please correct me if i am wrong

Best regards,

Moustafa

Comments

• Hi Moustafa,

I agree with you if the task says 1Mbps, then your solution is valid, the first option will limit the packets per second, however, the packets may be variably sized and exceed the 1Mbps.

Just my 2 cents...

• I think the editor's spell checker caught Mpps and changed it to Mbps.  I'll check with her in the AM.  I fixed the lab to say Mpps.   The new format makes changes like this so easy to do.

Ensure that all fragmented packets transiting the router are limited to 1 Mpps.

class FRAGMENTS
      police rate 1000000 pps

-- 
    Brian Dennis, CCIEx5 #2210 (R&S/ISP-Dial/Security/SP/Voice)

INE, Inc.

Reply-To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
    Date: Thursday, May 16, 2013 1:16 PM
    To: Brian Dennis <[email protected]>
    Subject: [CCIE Sec] Section Control Plane Protection error in technologies workbook

Dears,

A part of the question is asking to Ensure that all fragmented packets transiting the router are limited to 1 Mbps.

The solution is configured using packets per second as per below

class FRAGMENTS
      police rate 1000000 pps burst 200000 packets

it needs to be like below:

class FRAGMENTS
      police 1000000 200000

Please correct me if i am wrong

Best regards,

Moustafa

INE - The Industry Leader in CCIE Preparation

http://www.INE.com

Subscription information may be found at:

http://www.ieoc.com/forums/ForumSubscriptions.aspx
  • I spotted some typos/configs to be verified on some section and reported these with the feedback option: is that enough or should we post the corrections here ?

• I spotted some typos/configs to be verified on some section and reported these with the feedback option: is that enough or should we post the corrections here ?

You need to use the feedback form to report those to INE developers, that's the right path

• JoeMJoeM ✭✭✭

I spotted some typos/configs to be verified on some section and reported these with the feedback option: is that enough or should we post the corrections here ?

You need to use the feedback form to report those to INE developers, that's the right path

Also, in the feedback, give them a link to a forum thread about the error.   This way the editor has a bit of a verification filter......by the forum community and/or instructors.     That seems to help with the process.