screen / browser / terminal / paper

trying to get fresh info since I've tried to search on previous post but did not find what I've wanted.

So screen is a lcd 23" ? 24"?

Browser for broswing doccd is IE? Does by default open docs in tabs?

Terminal is putty or securecrt for TS and Configs section? All untabbed right? Is it possible to save session with different appearance settings?

Proctor gives paper and pens.. Is it paper a limited number of sheets (3-4?)? or unlimited?

Thanks

Comments

• Cervelo,

Screen size is 24"

Browser is IE and no tabs

Terminal is putty and you'll have a separate window for each device, not sure about saving session...

They'll give you paper and pens, if you're running of it just ask for more and not sure the limited number.

trying to get fresh info since I've tried to search on previous post but did not find what I've wanted.

So screen is a lcd 23" ? 24"?

Browser for broswing doccd is IE? Does by default open docs in tabs?

Terminal is putty or securecrt for TS and Configs section? All untabbed right? Is it possible to save session with different appearance settings?

Proctor gives paper and pens.. Is it paper a limited number of sheets (3-4?)? or unlimited?

Thanks

• Can you search inside a webpage with CTRL + F ???

• sure Luismg, I did it..

what I wanted to be sure was about IE and tabbed/not tabbed.. limited number of paper sheets and if possible to save session for putty.

didn't want to create a useless post.

• Cervelo,

You can search with Ctrl F - I used it a lot

You cannot save sessions in Putty - it is pretty locked down, but on my PC all the sessions sat nicely on the taskbar with the device name visible, (No stacking) So I didn't worry too much about window management I had all the switches up on the left the L3 diagram in the middle and a few routers on the right and brought up others from the taskbar as required.

I also changed the colour of my text to green on black, you had to do this on every session could not save and make it apply for new sessions, but once all the windows were open and I had changed the colour it was fine for the rest of the lab, took about a minute and made me feel more comfortable.

You get a couple sheets of paper, but you can ask for more no problem.

Pens/Pencils - on my desk there were a random collection of pens and pencils, like what you find in the bottom of a pencil case!

I sharpened a few pencils and had 2 coloured pens which was fine for me.

You could also bring food/drink to your desk and I brought a few snacks and cans of red bull

The toilet is also just outside the exam room, and there is a coffee machine / water fountain round the corner.

My testing experience was very responsive for the TS and the Config was faster than my rack!

Roger

• Thanks Roger for useful info! much appreciated..

I will go to my exam with my friend redbull for sure.

Nice is possibile to change putty settings.. I will choose green on black too but most important I will choose a 12-13p font. (I'm loosing my eyes during lastest months!)

thanks!

• The browser is IE8 and supports tabs.

I've used them especially for opening all diagrams right away after starting each section. This allows you to quickly switch back and forth between the diagrams.

However IE8 and the Cisco docs are a bad combination. Don't open a lot of tabs in the Cisco documentation. That makes the browser window freeze for a couple of seconds sometimes. At least I made that experience with the Catalyst config guide and about 5 open tabs.