how to provision PVDM2-16 for media resources

HI,

Can any one help me in provisioning of PVDM2-16 i am not able to configure max session due to limited resources.

!
dspfarm profile 2 transcode 
 no codec g711ulaw
 no codec g711alaw
 no codec g729ar8
 no codec g729abr8
 no codec g729r8
 no maximum sessions 1
 associate application SCCP
!
dspfarm profile 1 conference 
 no codec g711ulaw
 no codec g711alaw
no  codec g729ar8
no codec g729abr8
no  codec g729r8
no codec g729br8
 shutdown

Comments

• Hi,

You must need a dedicated PVDM2-16 at minimum while configuring conferencing type of profile. Means, you can't share the DSP with PRI config or Transcoder or with any other media resource if you have PVDM2-16 and you wish to configure conferencing. Keep in mind, PVDM2-16 is a single DSP only. PVDM2-8 is a half DSP, and PVDM2-32 are two DSP.

HTH.

• Hi,

If you are using the INE racks, the Branch 2 router (R3) has 2 DSPs(PVDM2-32). So you can configure both Conferencing and Transcoding. If not, and all you have is a PVDM2-16, then you could shut down one resource in order to configure and use the other!

• Do you already have a DSP in use (for example, for a PRI group is defined) – if so, you won’t be able to configure a conference DSP profile because it requires a full DSP chip. If you are using a fractional PRI (pri-group timeslots 1-4 for example) then a transcoder should still be possible, since it will share the DSP. If you don’t specify the timeslots under the PRI-Group, you will get errors anyway because you don’t have enough resources for a full T1/E1 on a PVDP2-16

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of ameen419
    Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 3:16 PM
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: [CCIE Voice] how to provision PVDM2-16 for media resources

HI,

Can any one help me in provisioning of PVDM2-16 i am not able to configure max session due to limited resources.

!
    dspfarm profile 2 transcode 
     no codec g711ulaw
     no codec g711alaw
     no codec g729ar8
     no codec g729abr8
     no codec g729r8
     no maximum sessions 1
     associate application SCCP
    !
    dspfarm profile 1 conference 
     no codec g711ulaw
     no codec g711alaw
    no  codec g729ar8
    no codec g729abr8
    no  codec g729r8
    no codec g729br8
     shutdown

INE - The Industry Leader in CCIE Preparation
    http://www.INE.com

Subscription information may be found at:
    http://www.ieoc.com/forums/ForumSubscriptions.aspx

• Hi CCIE2012,

Thanks for your quick reply, If i don't specify timeslots 1-3 under controller t1 0/0/0 then how can i use T1 for inbound and outbound calls so is there any way to  configure conference,transcode and T1 with PVDM2-16 ?

Thanks

• If you have PVDM2-16 only and you also want to activate your PRI for incoming/outgoing calls, then you can't use PVDM2-16 for IOS conference bridge. Again, you must need one PVDM2-16 free to configure CFB.

Hope this clears.