Question from ccna.....(Need To SOLVE)

ow to Establish Connection between two router
connected with each other and other port of both router connected with
switch with same ip address.

like...

image discribe : http://ieoc.com/members/Avinash_5F00_Singh/files/Que.jpg.aspx

Comments

• Theres a number of ways you could do this. Do you have any specific requirements on how you want to complete it. Or are you working on a particular technology at the moment.

Marc

• Theres a number of ways you could do this. Do you have any specific requirements on how you want to complete it. Or are you working on a particular technology at the moment.

Marc

the guy NEEDS to do what we all did...actually put in some work and read his CCNA book....

instead of looking for people on a CCIE level forum to spoon feed him...

lets not encourage this behavior...for the forum's sake.

Tox!

• sir

i really don't understand how to why this not comunicate with each other ..

Mr. Christopher Drain(Technical Support at INE)  told me :

"Each router connected by a serial interface has to be in the same subnet
    in order to communicate. Each network need to be in a separate subnet
    as well.

10.0.0.1 - 10.0.0.2 /30  on serials"

but this is not working ...... can you explain it please ......

• I see this is your first post on IEOC. I suggest you post this question in the CCNA Forum.

By placing your questions in the appropriate forum you are more likely to get support.

You should explain what commands you have entered and share the out put of the relevant show commands.

Alternatively do a Google search on:

cisco serial back to back configuration

•  

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk713/tk317/technologies_configuration_

example09186a00800944ff.shtml

best I can do

copy and paste the link together...apparantly someone took away my ability to insert a link probably because I once posted an article on bpdufilter and bpdyguard from another vendor...

Tox!

• Learning how to ask questions is going to be a very important step towards resolving issues with the help of others.  People tend to be less helpful to "help vampires" or people who can't formulate questions and/or demonstrate that they've even attempted to solve the issue.  They tend to be even less helpful to those who say "XYZ doesn't work.  How do I fix it?" with no information at all about their configs, what is or isn;t working, or even a hint as to what the problem itself is.  Posting your configs and a detailed question would be a good start, though you will probably stillw ant to post that info in the correct forum to avoid negative responses.

The obvious answer to the scenario is NAT - the better one is to use unique addressing schemes at each location.  You haven't stated what isn't working, though - it seems very unlikely that the /30 applied to the P2P fast ethernet link is the issue, so chasing the /30 is probably not what you want to do.

• apparantly someone took away my ability to insert a link probably because I once posted an article on bpdufilter and bpdyguard from another vendor...

Hopefully not - that would be absurdly petty.

• apparantly someone took away my ability to insert a link probably because I once posted an article on bpdufilter and bpdyguard from another vendor...

Hopefully not - that would be absurdly petty.

i'm assuming.... but right now i cannot insert links..and if i simply paste a link as plain text then the end of the link goes off screen to the right and i have to break the link in 2 peices like i did above...

either way...it matters less and less as i get closer to finishing up WB 1...as i'll consider myself to be 3 months out at that time.....

as it is...i find myself posting less in technical threads right now..for when i come on here its usually my 3 minute break...and i really dont wanna snwer questions at that point...

see what i mean by the above rant! [:D]

Tox!

• My "insert link" button is greyed out as well, but if I select text, I can click it and add html to the text.  I much prefer posting actual links to obfuscating things, though, so I don't use it.

• My "insert link" button is greyed out as well, but if I select text, I can click it and add html to the text.  I much prefer posting actual links than obfuscating things, though, so I don't use it.

thats the article i had posted

http://tinyurl.com/3quzwxq

http://blog.ipexpert.com/2010/12/06/bpdu-filter-and-bpdu-guard/      <--- looks like this if you post the real link

anyhow i dunno what ya mean by" if i select text"??    <---- oo i just figured that one...still wont work if the link is long and part of it disappears to the right of the page right?

Tox!

• I click "reply" and then get my reply window.  I want to include a link embedded in some text, I type something out:

LINK TO SOME WEBSITE

then I select that text.  Once the text is selected, the "insert/edit link" button becomes available.  I then insert the link I want to iave used when the text block is clicked - userfriendly.org in this case:

LINK TO SOME WEBSITE

The wordwrap fail is not related to links, but the fact that they are longer than the num of chars that should induce a wordwrap.  One of a handful of weird issues I see on this board.