Brussels Charleroi Airport

Hello, I arrive at Charleroi at 23:00 and I want to know the fastest method to go to the NH Hotel Airport at that time.

Can somebody help me?
kind regards 

Comments

• Hello, I arrive at Charleroi at 23:00 and I want to know the fastest method to go to the NH Hotel Airport at that time.

Can somebody help me?
    kind regards 

Good luck my friend!  This airport is between 57.5 and 78.5 Km (acording to Google maps).  I suspect you will be making a taxi driver very happy!

Ideally you should have flown into Brussels Luchthaven (Brussels National)!

There is a rail/bus link - check this link out - http://www.charleroi-airport.com/en/passengers/acces-and-parking/by-rail-bus/index.html

I haven't checked train times but you could be really pushing it.  Are you taking the exam next day?

• Yes the exam is next day, I fly for 80€ and the fly to the other airport is ner 1K€ so I prefer pay 100€ to a taxi driver :)

• 1K€ so I prefer pay 100€ to a taxi driver :)

Just purely on the time you may want to see if you can book taxi before you arrive - it may cost you more - I don't know the airport but there is a small risk that there isn't any taxis at that time!

Good luck with your exam.

Flight is cheap is down to the arrival time - is it Ryanair?

• Yes its ryanair from my city straigth to that airport. So I have the problem of getting late but I don't have to go to Madrir or Barcelona and pay more for the same flight.

• Also ryanair may offer a shuttle bus to the centre of Brussels. You could get taxi from there as the last train from Brussels Midi is 23:18

• I would suggest getting a car rental (if they are still open at this time, book in advance!), preferably one with GPS.

It's very convenient way of getting from Charleroi to the hotel. I have done it twice.

Good luck!

• Hi luismg,  so how was your lab experiance  ?

• I found a flight that arrives at 17 pm to de international airport under 90€ with air europa in Madrid, I think I will choose that one.
    My exam is in some months, I just want to have travel as closed as posible.

Kind regards

• I found a flight that arrives at 17 pm to de international airport under 90€ with air europa in Madrid, I think I will choose that one.

Arriving at 23:00 using Ryanair would not be good.  I have used these guys in the past - the way they keep the costs down is keep the planes in the air as much as possible.  If there any delays during the day it will have an knock on effect to schedule for flights later in the day as there is no margin in their schedule.  Typically they turn a flight arround in 30 minutes.  None of these things would have helped your stress levels!

So I think you have made the right choice :-)

• for me that is to late.. the flight arrive at 23:00.. +-1hour drive.. 24:00.. then you have to check in etc etc.. not much sleep before the exam.. try getting a earlyer plane or book one extra day if that is cheaper than a plane ticket.. last time I got to the brussels airport at 21.00.. it was a bit late.. didnt get to bed before 23.00.... this time I`m traveling earlier :)so I can calm down and relax befor I go to bed.. :) recharging  :)

• Did anybody go to the Holiday Inn hotel? it is much cheaper than the NH Airport and its also close to Cisco.

Thon Hotel its a little more expensive but nothing comprared to the NH Airport

• Depends, if you stay at the NH at the weekend (Sunday night included) then you can get some very good rates, the last time I stayed there I think the room rate was only something like €60

• The price when I am going is 165 per night at the NH, the others are 79 and 59 per night. 900 meters vs 400 meters for twice the price.

• Hi,

Not a great idea to fly on Charleroi. It will take you at least 2 hours to get to Diegem.

Cheapest way, also longest: bus/train/cab

You take the bus from Charleroi Airport to Charleroi train station. Then you take the train to Brussels airport. There you take a cab to Diegem. Brussels Airport to Diegem is about 3 km. You can buy 1 ticket at Charleroi airport for the bus/train.

Fastest way, also most expensive: car/cab from Charleroi to Diegem.

So take a flight on Brussels Airport and take a cab to Diegem. (cab is cheap because i'ts only 3 km). It will give you time to relax and sleep.

Good Luck!
    Wouter

• I add here some info if someone want to fly to Charleroi..

I don't advice a cab from Charleroi to Diegem (where Cisco is) it could be very expensive.

From airport you can easily get to Brussels south train station (gare du midi) with 22 euro (go and come back) (1 hour) and from there get to Diegem by train (train station is right beside Cisco building) (about 30 minutes). From there it should be easy to reach some hotels by foot.

Link for travel from airport to brussels:
    http://www.charleroi-airport.com/passagers/acces-et-stationnements/brussels-city-shuttle/index.html

Belgium railways:

http://www.belgianrail.be/

this is the cheapest but longest route to get to Diegem

It always depends who pays.. ;)

hth