Removing the 9 from the called number

In Lab 1 we are asked to remove the leading 9 from the phone display once it has been routed to the pstn.

The solution suggests to configure

voice service voip

no supp-service h225-notify cid-update

However, the dial-peer im testing on looks like this

dial-peer voice 12 pots
 translation-profile outgoing FIX_NATL
 destination-pattern 91[2-9]..[2-9]......$
 port 0/0/0:23
 forward-digits 11

So with forward digits 11, id be sending everything BUT the 9. Now whatever i configure (read with or without cid-update) i always see the 9 on the display.

Is there a hidden parameter i need to set ?

When i check the cch323 h225 debug, i can see that the notify messages are indeed missing but the 9 still shows.

Comments

• Hi,
    This will remove 9 from the called number, not from the display.

However, the phone is registered to CME or UCM? You might need to follow some guidelines of configuration so that you don't see '9' on the phone display.

• Correct - but as long as CUCM is in control of the signaling it will update the Ip Phones Display but its not doing that in this case.

You might need to follow some guidelines of configuration so that you don't see '9' on the phone display.

The reson for my post ;)

• In this case you may not send the 9 from UCM and instead add it on the incoming dial-peer on the gateway, so you can match your dial-peer 12 going outbound. Make sure to keep the no supplementary-service h225-nofity cid-update command. UCM will not display the 9 on the phone display since it didn't send it and the gateway will not update UCM as per command of no cid-update.

hope this helps.

• Thanks! Guess that was the issue ;)