dot1x verification

A switch is configured for dot1x authentication and ports on which dot1x is enabled are not connected to any device i.e Operational Mode: down

In this case How can we verify that our configuration of dot1x is correct ?

Comments

• It's a bit tough to verify - the problem is that you need to have a RADIUS server.

Adam's got some stuff on using a router as a client here:

http://noshut.blogspot.co.nz/2012/05/switch-port-authentication-with-8021x.html

- but you still need the RADIUS server for it to work, as far as i can tell.

• Hello,

during the lab, there is no way to verify 802.1x because there is no AAA server. Make sure your configs are good and read the questions well. Also, know where the feature is documented, it can save your life...

Cheers

• it can save your life...

Don't come to rely on this though - as you will find that DOC CD access is extremely slow - to point of not being very helpful.  This was certainly the case in Brussels.  Using the DOC CD partly contributed to my downfall on my last attempt.

• Don't come to rely on this though - as you will find that DOC CD access is extremely slow - to point of not being very helpful.  This was certainly the case in Brussels.  Using the DOC CD partly contributed to my downfall on my last attempt.

Agreed - I saw the same thing in Sydney - it was almost unusable. You could, if you were patient, navigate directly through to something if you knew the location. But if you're planning on opening a bunch of tabs and skimming through them all quickly, the way you might at home? Don't bet on it.

I've heard reports that some US-based locations are similar. I have to assume that this is a deliberate action on Cisco's part - I'm fairly sure they could get access to better network equipment and bandwidth if they really wanted to.... If it can be snappy to load documentation from my far-flung corner of the globe, then presumably they could make it quick at Cisco office.

• I little off subject but what about the rugby over the weekend a whitewash against AUS! The AB are in prime position and also retaining the Bledisloe again!

Even more impressive was the drawn between ARG and SA.

• I think the Cisco Doc is ONLY useful when you know the technology well but try to find out couple of exact commands for the configuration task. In the original query I am not so sure how the configured tasked is being verified, this type of help I wont expect to get from Cisco Doc. However the configuration steps can be cross check with the Cisco Doc commands but this will not give any certainty whether your task is 100% correct or not.

• Yep - the All Blacks didn't play fantastically well, but Australia just doesn't seem to have it these days. They'll sort themselves out though.

I'm pleased to see Argentina competing like that - the Tri Nations was getting dull, but we don't want to see Argentina get thumped regularly. I think it will be great for Argentinian rugby over the next 5 years. They'll have some tough years, but they'll grow a lot from the exposure.

If only I had the time to properly watch the games these days instead of study for CCIE...

• I think the Cisco Doc is ONLY useful when you know the technology well but try to find out couple of exact commands for the configuration task. In the original query I am not so sure how the configured tasked is being verified, this type of help I wont expect to get from Cisco Doc. However the configuration steps can be cross check with the Cisco Doc commands but this will not give any certainty whether your task is 100% correct or not.

If you are looking up anything other than an obscure topic, you'll most likely fail. One trick i learned while studying was write your configurations in notepad then paste them in. This will get you out of ? <tab> behavior.