Release of CCIE Security V4 Materials

13»

Comments

• 1)When can we use the security racks?

Trying to get them released in beta this week.  I'm actually in Reno, NV myself this week setting up the new network for accessing the SC equipment from the outside.  We're also finalizing a new solution for remote desktop access as these racks have a lot ton of VMs.  Each rack as 13 VMs so having 100 or so remote desktop/vnc sessions coming in is a support headache so our new solution is pure HTML5 based.

2)When is there a printable (PDF) format availble for the new workbook?
    No exact ETA.  I put the request in our system on May 17th and I marked it as a major feature request.  I know that the webdev team has been busy with getting the SC rack control panel and scripting in place so this wasn't as high of a priority.  After the racks are finally released this will be next for SC.

3)I just buyed last month the CCIE Security bundle. Why must i pay now separate for the ISE and WSA video's? It was sold as an all-in-one package and now it seems not to be all?

I'm not sure what bundle you purchased but if you contact Mike Bishop at [email protected] he can answer any sales questions.

-- 

Brian Dennis, CCIEx5 #2210 (R&S/ISP-Dial/Security/SP/Voice)

INE, Inc.

Reply-To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
    Date: Monday, June 10, 2013 10:44 PM
    To: Brian Dennis <[email protected]>
    Subject: Re: [CCIE Sec General] RE: Release of CCIE Security V4 Materials

Can someone at INE please answer those 3 questions?

1)When can we use the security racks?

2)When is there a printable (PDF) format availble for the new workbook?

3)I just buyed last month the CCIE Security bundle. Why must i pay now separate for the ISE and WSA video's? It was sold as an all-in-one package and now it seems not to be all?

INE - The Industry Leader in CCIE Preparation

http://www.INE.com

Subscription information may be found at:

http://www.ieoc.com/forums/ForumSubscriptions.aspx
  • any ETA on full scale labs?

• Hi Brian, just wondering if INE is going to release CCIE Security ATC v4 soon? 

• Won't be until after the first SC bootcamp is ran.

-- 

INE, Inc.

Date: Thursday, June 13, 2013 7:32 AM

Hi Brian, just wondering if INE is going to release CCIE Security ATC v4 soon? 

• dcanceriandcancerian ✭✭✭

When security racks will become available, it's already been a month since it was promised.

They should be coming online this week but they may end up not coming online until next week.

-- 

INE, Inc.

dcancerian <[email protected]>
    Date: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 12:54 PM
    Subject: Re: [CCIE Sec General] Release of CCIE Security V4 Materials

I recently purchased CCIE Security workbook bundle but there is no racks available. When these rack will be online for use?

• I am curious too, it was long ago when first date of Security racks availability was announced and for now it was only pushing one or two weeks ahead. Can we have solid date of beta-testing?

Thanks in advance.

• Hi Brain,

Contacting sales won't work. They keep on saying that the security ultimate bundle is not full CCIE security. WSA and ISE is not included. I dont understand but thats it. I'm a really happy customer of INE. With youre R&S workbooks i passed the R&S lab :-) But back to focus...... I'm now ful in for preparation of CCIE security. I did my CCNP Security and 2 months ago my written. 5 weeks ago i bought the CCIE security bundle (with 1500 tokens) and i planned 1 week free of work for a good start for the rack rentals. Now next week (24-28 Jun) is the week......... I still dont see that i can rent the racks. I have next week a whole week free for testing. I understand the difficulties you and your team have to get the racks online. But i hope you need good and willling people to do testing with the beta release of the rackrentals..... I can do a lot with gns3 but i want to do the real thing. May i contact you for beta testing?

• Hi Brain,

Contacting sales won't work. They keep on saying that the security ultimate bundle is not full CCIE security. WSA and ISE is not included. I dont understand but thats it.

Michael39,

Who in Sales did you talk to? These courses are available to anyone who has bought the Security Ultimate Bundle already. Please email me directly at [email protected] and I'll get them added to your account right away.

Mike Bishop
    INE Account Manager
    [email protected]

• Hi Brain,

I contacted Mike Bishop.

He told me the following:

Also, the purchase made did not include the ISE and WSA video classes. The
    purchase was of the CCIE Security Ultimate Bundle, which included the
    following items at the time:

€ CCNA Security Video Course
    € CCNP Security Video Course
    € CCIE Security Lab Preparation Video Course
    € CCIE Security Advanced Technologies Video Course
    € CCIE Security Lab Workbook Vol. 1 & 2
    € 1,500 Rack Rental Tokens

Since your purchase, we did give you a free upgrade to the new CCIE
    Security v4 workbook, since your bundle included a previous version of the
    CCIE Security Workbooks. However, even right now, if you look at the new
    version of the CCIE Security Ultimate Bundle on our website, you will see
    that it does not include the ISE / WSA video courses. They can still be
    purchased additionally for a $99 add-on fee.

If you are interested in purchasing these videos for a $99 add-on fee, use
    the link below:

-
    http://store.ine.com/cart.php?target=product&action=buynow&product_id=2229

If you still have any questions, please let me know!

Best Regards,

Mike Bishop | Sr. Training Advisor
    [email protected] | www.INE.com

But i'm not too disappointed and still want to be testing the beta racks next week...... :-)

• Hi Michael39,

That was me you spoke to. However, that email was from June 13th... which was before Brian made the adjustment to include the WSA / ISE Primers for purchasers of the CCIE Security Bundle. He did that on the following day, June 14th. I apologize for any confusion that may have caused on your part. The primers are in your account now. If you need anything else, let me know.

Mike Bishop
    INE Account Manager
    [email protected]

• Can I get them added to my account as well please ?

• Thanks Mike........................ :-) I see them now on my account...... INE rocks again :-)

@Brain i still want to do some beta testing next week....... i hope soooooo much your ISE video is explaining the technics perfect. 2 weeks ago i followed the Cisco training (Cisco SISE 5 day)and it was no good. Toooo much labs which doesnt work as aspected.The labs without the explaining from the trainer took for a fast typer 60 hours....... There wasnt a option for pre load configs so for the most people nothing worked from day 1. Im looking forward to watch your videos of wsa and ise. I bet that this is gonna be perfect again.

Next week  im avaible of full time beta testing :-)

INE ROCKS!!!!

Its now 21:15 in the netherlands so i gonna take happely a beer and enjoy the rest of the evening with in my mind i got what i wanted!!

• MikeV,

Yes, anyone who has bought the Ultimate Bundle for CCIE Security can. Please email me at [email protected] with your member account email (as I cannot accurately discern your member id from your forum usernames) and I will get them added.

Mike Bishop
    INE Account Manager
    [email protected]

• Yes sorry about it not being included to begin with.  Some clown in sales thought it was a good idea to make a bundle called "ultimate" but not include everything.  Once I found out I had it fixed.

-- 

INE, Inc.

Date: Friday, June 21, 2013 3:25 PM

Thanks Mike........................ :-) I see them now on my account...... INE rocks again :-)

@Brain i still want to do some beta testing next week....... i hope soooooo much your ISE video is explaining the technics perfect. 2 weeks ago i followed the Cisco training (Cisco SISE 5 day)and it was no good. Toooo much labs which doesnt work as aspected.The labs without the explaining from the trainer took for a fast typer 60 hours....... There wasnt a option for pre load configs so for the most people nothing worked from day 1. Im looking forward to watch your videos of wsa and ise. I bet that this is gonna be perfect again.

Next week  im avaible of full time beta testing :-)

INE ROCKS!!!!

Its now 21:15 in the netherlands so i gonna take happely a beer and enjoy the rest of the evening with in my mind i got what i wanted!!

• CCIE SEC ATC v4 Bootcamp -> Sep 30th - Oct 11th, 2013

That's 2months away, enough to prep for written by using v3 videos and addon ISE and WSA.

I guess we'll have to wait till Oct ending to access complete v4 ATC Bootcamp videos.

INE Rocks all the time!!!