Almost ready for exam, last minute advice sought

Hey folks,

I have been working on getting my CCENT for a couple months now. I have:

a) read the Sybex book from Lammle

b) watched Brian's CCNA videos's, CBT ones as well.

c) reviewed Train Signal video material

d) acquired a 2611XM router and Catalyst 1900 Switch to get a feel for things firsthand

e) I even read 'CCENT for Dummies' (hey don't laugh)

I have tinkered around with various practice exams and have learned a ton. I am wanting to know what would you recommend or what else should I do to fully prepare. My goal is not to pass the ICND1, my goal is to ace it...that way if I fail I should still pass. I have been in tech support professionally for about 7 years and I'm ready to take it to the next level and I am so happy to have discovered the Cisco path.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• You have done enough for the exam, Just review these topic more often and be calm.

• thank you for your vote of confidence dcancerian! I appreciate it.

• I agree with dcancerian that you have done an extensive preparation to get your certification.

Good luck!

• thanks much qqabdal, I appreciate the kind words my friend.

•  

i think it should be enough, but i found this this practice book and simulator was really helpfull :

CCNA Practice Questions (Exam 640-802) (3rd Edition) [Paperback]

http://www.amazon.com/CCNA-640-802-Network-Simulator-Wendell/dp/1587202166

If you really want to ace it, master them then you're 110% ACE it.

• I would still recommend Ultimate CCNA Study package from CCIE Chris Bryant

http://www.thebryantadvantage.com/UltimateCCNAStudyPackage.html

• Practice exams. Make sure you pass them. But not dumps, though dumps are a sure way to pass the exam, they would be your enemy when job interview day comes. Make sure you know the technology very well and you could explain it in a way that anyone can understand.

• peetypeety ✭✭

There will always be a few questions that are just, well, wierd. It's OK to pass without an "ace", just pass.

No one has ever asked my score on any exam that I passed. They won't ask you either.

• Braindumps are unethical and might lead to Decertification. People using this type of unauthorized
    materials to pass Cisco exams are risking their earned certifications
    and they can be banned from ever taking another Cisco cert exam.

Practice exams. Make sure you pass them. But not dumps, though dumps are a sure way to pass the exam, they would be your enemy when job interview day comes. Make sure you know the technology very well and you could explain it in a way that anyone can understand.

• It's not a good idea to prepare your certifications by reading dumps.

Better try hard and read books by lamle or watch videos by Brian.

You can also download books by cisco press which is very useful.

Practice exams. Make sure you pass them. But not dumps, though dumps are a sure way to pass the exam, they would be your enemy when job interview day comes. Make sure you know the technology very well and you could explain it in a way that anyone can understand.

• I hope you have already passed your CCNA exam.

I just want to say that you have practiced a lot and studied well to prepare for CCENT.

Hope you can do the same for further certifications.

All the best.

Hey folks,

I have been working on getting my CCENT for a couple months now. I have:

a) read the Sybex book from Lammle

b) watched Brian's CCNA videos's, CBT ones as well.

c) reviewed Train Signal video material

d) acquired a 2611XM router and Catalyst 1900 Switch to get a feel for things firsthand

e) I even read 'CCENT for Dummies' (hey don't laugh)

I have tinkered around with various practice exams and have learned a ton. I am wanting to know what would you recommend or what else should I do to fully prepare. My goal is not to pass the ICND1, my goal is to ace it...that way if I fail I should still pass. I have been in tech support professionally for about 7 years and I'm ready to take it to the next level and I am so happy to have discovered the Cisco path.

Thanks in advance.

• Obviously this thread is old but one thing to add for anyone getting ready currently:
    Cisco is notorious for giving questions that deal with command syntax so I would look at something like the CCNA command reference book and practice typing the commands for common configuration tasks in notepad

Some might say this is overkill but it will prepare you well and get you used to doing this which will aid you in more advanced studies later

Good luck everyone!!!