Called Party Numbering Type

Hi,

I have one doubt about the use of Called Party Numbering Type. Reading the SRND mention that ISDN should be set if you are dialing outside the dialing plan for your country.

In my lab i have two sites in US and one more in UK or other country outside of US. So when is necessary configure the Called Party Numbering Type??

I've configured in RL for US sites and UK and all the calls works. But is really necessary configure for all? Or just need Called Party Number Type as subscriber, national, international, unknown...

I hope you can help to clarify this.

Comments

• As a general rule, I always set my plan as ISDN.  Type would be set to Unknown (911), Subscriber (Local), National (Long Distance), and International.  This was my standard.  If a lab told me to do otherwise (i.e. set 911 to Subscriber instead of Unknown), I would deviate from my standard.

As a general rule, you don't need to configure ANYTHING unless the lab guide asks you for it.  They're going to test your ability to apply knowledge in unconventional ways.  I would be extremely surprised if they failed you in a section for not setting the correct PLAN when the lab never even mentioned that as a consideration.  Do be aware, however, of how a requirement in the gateway section could impact your dial plan section.

Read the lab all the way through before starting to configure!

-- 
    Matthew Berry  |  +1.612.567.CCIE (2243)

On Jul 19, 2012, at 7:10 PM, FredyTafolla wrote:
    Hi, I have one doubt about the use of Called Party Numbering Type. Reading the SRND mention that ISDN should be set if you are dialing outside the dialing plan for your country. In my lab i have two sites in US and one more in UK or other country outside of US. So when is necessary configure the Called Party Numbering Type?? I've configured in RL for US sites and UK and all the calls works. But is really necessary configure for all? Or just need Called Party Number Type as subscriber, national, international, unknown... I hope you can help to clarify this.

INE - The Industry Leader in CCIE Preparation<br />
    http://www.INE.com<br />
    <br />
    Subscription information may be found at:<br />
    http://www.ieoc.com/forums/ForumSubscriptions.aspx<br />

• Hi ciscovoiceguru,

Thanks for your kindly reply.

For example in some INE labs request the follwing:

1 )Emergency, 911, Calling 10 ANI Digits, Calling Party Type Unknown and Called Party Type Unknown but not mention nothing about the plan.

In this case, is necessary that we configure plan as ISDN for calling/called or based in your answer is no needed?

2) And other example if not mention nothing about the calling party type i need to configure?

Regards

• My opinion is, "If they don't explicitly ask you to do something, you won't be graded down for it."  Why?  Because you can't read Ben Ng's mind.  If they want you to do something a particular way, they need to make it somewhat clear.

That said, I always made a practice of configuring ISDN.  It was a personal preference.  I had a certain way of configuring things and chose to do it the same way every time, only deviating from that when I the lab asked me to.

-- 
    Matthew Berry  |  +1.612.567.CCIE (2243)

On Jul 19, 2012, at 9:20 PM, FredyTafolla wrote:
    Hi ciscovoiceguru, Thanks for your kindly reply. For example in some INE labs request the follwing: 1 )Emergency, 911, Calling 10 ANI Digits, Calling Party Type Unknown and Called Party Type Unknown but not mention nothing about the plan. In this case, is necessary that we configure plan as ISDN for calling/called or based in your answer is no needed? 2) And other example if not mention nothing about the calling party type i need to configure? Regards

INE - The Industry Leader in CCIE Preparation<br />
    http://www.INE.com<br />
    <br />
    Subscription information may be found at:<br />
    http://www.ieoc.com/forums/ForumSubscriptions.aspx<br />