Estimated Timeframe to Voice lab attempt?

Mark/All, 

How long would you estimate an individual take to be prepared for an attempt? Given roughly 22-30 hours a week, already familiar topics like AAR,SRST,Regions,COR,dial-peers, but no production experience. So, not at a point of being unaware of the difference between FXO and a FXS port, but not ready to implement UCCX. All input welcomed, I understand none of this is written in stone anywhere, but just perspective and opinions from those who've embarked on this journey.

Thanks,

CM

Comments

• It all depends on your level of familiarity with the topics and your SPEED.  The lab content demands that you know the information well enough that you can configure building block components at lightning fast speeds.

- Can you configure transcoding for CUCME from start to finish in 60 sec?
    - Can you configure VLANs, build dot1q trunks, and establish basic routing in less than five minutes?
    - Can you configure a full NANP set of dial-peers in 60 sec?

Beyond speed, a depth of knowledge is crucial to passing the lab.  I thought I knew AAR, SRST, Regions, etc. really well before I began going through mock labs.  You may be farther along than I was when I began studying for the lab.

It took my eight months of studying before I passed my lab.  The first four months were roughly 50% theory, derived from SRNDs, videos, and Cisco documentation and 50% labbing.  The last four months changed to a 20% theory, 80% lab ratio.  I logged 1000+ hrs of studying in those eight months.  Again, you will likely be different than me, but those numbers can help as a rough gauge.

Good luck!  Feel free to post any more questions on the forums!

-- 
    Matthew Berry  |  ciscovoiceguru.com
    +1.612.567.CCIE (2243)  |  twitter.com/ciscovoiceguru

On Jul 9, 2012, at 11:53 AM, cmoore44 wrote:
    Mark/All, How long would you estimate an individual take to be prepared for an attempt? Given roughly 22-30 hours a week, already familiar topics like AAR,SRST,Regions,COR,dial-peers, but no production experience. So, not at a point of being unaware of the difference between FXO and a FXS port, but not ready to implement UCCX. All input welcomed, I understand none of this is written in stone anywhere, but just perspective and opinions from those who've embarked on this journey. Thanks, CM

INE - The Industry Leader in CCIE Preparation<br />
    http://www.INE.com<br />
    <br />
    Subscription information may be found at:<br />
    http://www.ieoc.com/forums/ForumSubscriptions.aspx<br />