Globalization / Localization Inbound issue ?!? (vod 49)

Hi guys,

I'm having some trouble on grasping the whole concept on globalization and localization. I have watched several times video 49 on ccnp voice : 49
CIPT2 :: Globalization and Localization of Call Routing :: Demo :: Inbound and don't understand some things. I will first try to lay down what I understood then the questions.

So, I understand that for MGCP and H323 gateways the globalization is done in the "gateway" page of CUCM as Mark explains in the videos : adding a plus, country code, city code and I understand that this should be done because this way the number is unique and world wide recognizable. Right ?

Ok, for SIP, because of the limitations found in CUCM page, we create a CSS assigned to the SIP trunk=gateway, then create 3 patterns which will encompass all possible calling numbers, assign them a partition_PT, which will be found in the CSS assigned to the GW (aka SIP trunk). So this CSS is the incoming CSS for calling number, pretty strange here looking back and remembering that the CSS provided the right to call a destination, but we are referring to a calling party. Humm ?? Let's say we are fine with this ... but I'm not sure I am.

Now, when going to localization I really loose myself. So here we go :

For all types of gateways - MGCP, H323, SIP, Mark creates 3 patterns (Calling Party Transformation Patterns), which are put in a partition_PT, which is assigned to the device pool of that specific site. So basically, the phones in Branch2 (Amst., NL) and GW (Router3) have this CSS assigned. So ? What's the deal here ? I can't "feel" the thing here, so they have the CSS for calling party that enables them to ... do what ... or is this the outbound CSS of the GW ? And also there is that thing that the Calling Party Transf. CSS at the device level takes precedence over the CSS asigned at the device pool level.

Speaking about SIP, how come the CSS's dont mix when taking about globalization and localization ? I mean, the one configured for globalization ends up being used for localization and ... hope you get the idea.

I may have written many stupid things, but ... I feel that all the pieces are in front of me but just can't puzzle them together.

Any comments, thorough explanations or whatever you guys consider are very welcomed !

Thanks,

Ciprian.