Task 4.12

In task 4.12, the default route injected at R6 is redistributed into EIGRP on R3 and R4 without problems, but with OSPF it doesn't. I was wondering why default-information originate is needed in OSPF, when just redistribution of the default route doesn't do the trick.

Also, shouldn't we block this default from leaving R3 since it says "configure a default route to R3 via RIP"? It doesn't mention letting this route go to other routers.

Sometimes the SG is very specific (when it isn't needed) and sometimes it isn't (in this task).

Thanks.

Acer0001

Comments

• Hi Acer0001,

Not sure what you mean by: "I was wondering why default-information originate is needed in OSPF, when just redistribution of the default route doesn't do the trick"

No redistribution should be needed in this task. The static route in R2 is all that is needed.

I do think that the default-information originate config for R4 that is in the SG is not required and R2 will never install the default originated by R4 due R2 having a statically configured default route.